applicators license

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by slowleak, Feb 25, 2003.

  1. slowleak

    slowleak LawnSite Member
    from 63055
    Messages: 96

    how would one go about getting his/her chem/fert permit. i live in missouri. thanks for any help.kevin.

    UTM-PIKE LawnSite Member
    Messages: 65

    Contact your local county extension service, your tax dollars pay for their services so use them, they will be glad to help. In Tennessee you have to take a test, have a charter, increased insurance, and thats just part of it. The test alone costs $400 plus books. Hope this helps. And this is for owners, to be a tech. you just have to pass the state exam to work for someone else.
  3. GroundKprs

    GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,969

    Fees and regulations vary widely by state. See <a href="">Pesticide Regulation in USA</a> for links to all state pesticide training and regulatory offices.
  4. JTHutch

    JTHutch LawnSite Member
    Messages: 115

    In Kansas you go throught the extention office and if you are your own business you need a pesticide business liscense in order to get an applicators license

Share This Page