April 14...Does this Lawn Look Ready to Cut?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Tracer, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Gold Member

Last year cutting by now. Everything still Dormant and this don’t help.

355C0D6F-290F-4D05-8AC3-5422DFDD74B8.jpeg

2. starry night

starry night LawnSite Gold Member

I visited your area a couple years ago. Beautiful country.......especially this time of year. :laugh:

dKoester likes this.
  3. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

What a difference a year makes...

last year, this time, on our 3rd and maybe 4th cut..

this year, first cuts on many lawns this week, and some of those were sketchy, green but patchy and zipping through them with no real heavy lush spring growth. (and these are my pretty ones!)

Cracks me up to see the usual group of maniac lawnboys running full tilt like we're in some crazy growth pattern-when you know what they're really doing. lol

it's the ebb and flow of the lawn world.

4. kinneberg lawn service

kinneberg lawn service LawnSite Member

Is same boat here too more snow and ice today. New salt spreader getting a work out.

5. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Gold Member

Another thing I Love About Residential.

Snow contracts much for forgiving on Salt Requirements and this more an Ice Event than Snow. Not in the contracts to show for this.

6. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Mulch that snow...it'll become nutrients for the frozen turf.

7. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Mark Oomkes likes this.
  8. J_Cutter

J_Cutter LawnSite Member

Been cutting for a month now where I am, I feel for you fellas with the cold "wing" ( winter/spring) this year!!

9. LawnGuy35

LawnGuy35 LawnSite Member

Last year at this time I was on cut 3 for most customers. This year? Zero. Too cool with lots of rain (and last night 4 inches of snow!) But I have been able to get all my cleanups, gutter cleaning and aerating in without the stress of balancing those jobs with mowing, so it's not all that bad.

Plus, looking back, most years when we've had earlier than normal springs and mowing started in late March, July and August were unseasonably dry with little mowing. So we'll see.

Temps to reach the 50s this week, and I have a full schedule of cleanups and aerating to finish. Then next week 60s, so timing should work out ok.

10. GSO LAWNEN4CER

GSO LAWNEN4CER LawnSite Senior Member
    from GSO NC

ROFLMAO!