• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

April 16th Storm in Northeast

RedMax Man

LawnSite Platinum Member
Got a Call from a client that i just did a spring cleanup for on sat. They're in Florida for a vacation and asked me to stop by their property because someone called them to say a limb or branch fell on the lawn. This is what i found when i got there...:eek:

My area (Merrimac Valley, Lowell area, MA) and southern New Hampshire got hit very badly with winds over 50 mph and flooding rain. They've declared a State of Emergency for my here and in NH.

So i will be doing storm cleanups in addition to spring cleanups and the people who i've already done are going to need me back because every yard is a mess. this one is the worst though so far. I know someone in NH who's suv was totaled by a tree.

Was anyone else badly effected by this weather?

Tree 1a.jpg

Tree 2a.jpg

Tree 3a.jpg

Idealtim

LawnSite Senior Member
Hope you had a nice, sharp saw with you, and plenty of mix....

Around my area of ct, there was no real damage except for a couple downed trees and some wash outs. It was amazing to see how much taller the water mark on the trees and other stuff was compared to the normal marks.

TazLandscapes

LawnSite Member
Up here in Portland we got hammered pretty much every part of the city is still without power.I got called on by 4 of my customers about doing tree removal and storm cleanup.So i went out to check on them and at one of my clients two trees in his yard were down including one that is rotted and his entire yard is under about 4-5" of water. so it looks like i will have a very busy weekend.
I will try to post some pics up when i start work on thursday..

Thanks
Mike DiBiase

Uranus

LawnSite Bronze Member
I'm willing to bet the neighbors insurance should pay for it. By the looks of thing it was the neighbors tree. I would get up there and take care of it before the neighbors call there insurance and have it taken care of. You need to beat the tree guys on that one.

NNJLandman

LawnSite Bronze Member
im a vol. firefighter, we pumped out 25+ basements more than once, had about 5 working electrical fires, and spent a lot of time evacuating/rescuing people...48 hours non-stop....think were done now.

OP
RedMax Man

RedMax Man

LawnSite Platinum Member
I'm willing to bet the neighbors insurance should pay for it. By the looks of thing it was the neighbors tree. I would get up there and take care of it before the neighbors call there insurance and have it taken care of. You need to beat the tree guys on that one.
I actually do the landscaping for both of these houses, the one with the tree on the lawn and the house on the other side of the fence. Both of them went to Florida at the same time, just a coincidence and the people with the tree on the lawn will be home today, the neighbor will be home later on. So i've been working on both properties while they're on vacation.

I took pics. when i got there in case they need proof of anything. I'm not touching it until they get back today. I was only expecting a couple small limbs or branches when i showed up.

TheGoldPro - Yeah, amazingly it didn't damage the fence, swing set or the house. I just barely cleared these and put some ruts in the lawn that can easily be fixed.

DoetschOutdoor

LawnSite Bronze Member
Are you having to take down the whole tree or is there more? That little limb should take about 5 mins to cut up and about 10 to load. We got hit with 2 ice storms this winter and every single house in town had trees down like that. Best money Ive ever made though, actually wouldnt mind a few more ice storms a year due to the money that can be made