1. Maintaining Company Culture During Stressful Times

How do you maintain a positive company culture during a time of social distancing, economic uncertainty, and health worries? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Aquiring property

Discussion in 'Nurseries and Growers' started by Paradise Landscapes, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

How is it done? I am currently at maps.google looking at the satalite images in my area where I think what would be a good idea to "set up shop."

Lets' see. I find a really nice spot, now, so, how do I contact the owner? What if I can't get ahold of anyone? more questions will follow as more posts are here, on this one.

2. howierd3866

howierd3866 LawnSite Senior Member

if the property is not posted for sale ..then go to that county property app web site and look of the location of the property sholud have the owner name and address..while you are on the site check to make sure its zone for what you want to do there.

3. OP
    OP
    Paradise Landscapes

How do I look up the County website? an example may help.

4. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

5. OP
    OP
    Paradise Landscapes

Hey Clark! Nice seeing you again!
    Well, I'm thinking of taking some pics of the areas where I think is good, and head to the county recorders' office. I'm hoping they may be able to give me a hand. They also have arial maps there too, I think. I'm really hoping I can get it to work.

1 idea is rt422 and North Leavitt Rd on the whole corner where the old Ames plaza used to be. If you look at the marker, On the left, there's only 1 building now, on thr corner. There is no lawn behind that litte mart. Keep looking towards left. That big building is no longer there. Keep moving left more, you'll see good ol' Rt 82 Bypass.

Reason for this location? Operate a Nursery and a Landscape business that takes up that whole area. People from Warren, Lordstown etc. take rt 422 towards cleveland. Anyone from The northern cities comming towards Warren can not miss us.

Entrance from Rt 422 would be customer entrance/exit to nursery or see me for design work, entrance/exit on North Leavitt Rd is for Landscape crews only. I see alot of potential here, especially if landscape were in cleveland or anywhere up north of us. :)

See link:
    http://maps.google.com/ now, Paste this in the search bar and enlarge pic as needed: US-422 & N Leavitt Rd, Warren, Trumbull, Ohio 44481

6. CLARK LAWN

is 422 parkman road? my brother in law lives off of parkman

7. OP
    OP
    Paradise Landscapes

Yes it is! It's on the left. In Warren TWP.

8. CkLandscapingOrlando

CkLandscapingOrlando LawnSite Senior Member

If its in town you may have problems with the zoning.I know down here if its on a main road it would have to be retail only

9. CLARK LAWN

paradise isnt there a supply yard right down the road from there already?

10. OP
    OP
    Paradise Landscapes

Yes! Blue jean Farms is located no more than .04 miles down the road. In champion, There is bernards nursery/garden center. They are the closest competitor near there, and he doesn't scare me. They are just a small mom and pop operation. My business location is definately "bigger" then them.

My plan? To operate a landscaping business and sell finished container stock from size #3 containers on up. The nusery stock would not be small stuff. The shrubs would be atleast 3' tall, trees are to 5' to 15' tall.

It is in Warren Township, not in the city of Warren. Anyways, as I would pass Blue Jean Farms, I can't see any stock and as a customer, I view it as a mess. If you pass up Mashordahs' County Gardens on Rt. 18, My place would almost resemble that place.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009