Arborgold, LMN, Service Autopilot? - More Info Please!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Eddieb18, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Eddieb18

Eddieb18 LawnSite Member

I have read through just about every thread on here and am hoping for a bit more info. We are a design/build and maintenance company with multiple crews doing both things.

Arborgold isn't talked about too much on here, but seems to a fantastic program from what they advertise...any direct feedback on them?

Really like LMN as well, but you cannot preview jobs for the day without printing out work orders...personally trying to get away from paper every morning.

Service Autopilot seems nice as well, but is it as advanced, hows support?

Thanks much!

2. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Raleigh

I signed up for and paid for Arborgold Ultimate last week. It still doesn't sync with quickbooks desktop. My setup person failed to call when scheduled, and the setup people have not responded to my emails or returned my phone calls.

I got a tech in India to answer a different phone number, and he took over my machine with team viewer, but he said they needed a developer to set up the QB sync on the back end. And that it would take 15 minutes.

Well it's 7 hours now, and still the same error code. I tried the chat support function, and it said "we will be back Monday."

Doc8406 likes this.
  3. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

i don't like dams that you have to stick a finger in..

4. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Silver Member

Take into consideration these more advanced programs are going to take months to get acclimated with the systems. Many even have schools they suggest you attend to learn how to use their software.

Don't expect plug and play. I was spoiled by QB desktop ease of use....now I suffer as im on week #2 of trying to figure out SAP.

Doc8406 likes this.
  5. tdoeizreal

tdoeizreal LawnSite Senior Member

Going into year 4 and still learning it. After getting down the basics the first season, I spend each winter figuring out all things bells and whistles. It would be really overwhelming trying to learn it all at once.

Doc8406 likes this.
  6. jonthepain

Male, from Raleigh

At this point, all we need to do is get the customer portal set up.

When the season starts, we'll need to use the scheduling function.

The rest of it we'll probably never use.

I had my bookkeeper come in on Thursday for the setup call. They never called. We set up the QB sync precisely as their instructions stated. It didn't work. When I got support on the phone, he said that those are outdated instructions. So he re-set it up.

Still doesn't work, and now there's no support until Monday (central time, no less.)

7. Rockbridge Lawn Care LLC

Rockbridge Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

i used Service Autopilot last year. Good support. Its about average in it's computing/report functionality. I'm sticking with it this year again

8. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

heck.. i am having a time with just QB

9. jonthepain

Male, from Raleigh

I picked up a copy of "quickbooks- the missing manual"

It's been very helpful

Doc8406 likes this.
  10. jonthepain

Male, from Raleigh