Arborgold, LMN, Service Autopilot? - More Info Please!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Eddieb18, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

yeah.. just found that the other day.. i think it is good so far, i find that i am jumping around too much in it.. but it is freefreefreeefreee!

2. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Raleigh

Wow that's a score. I paid 40 bucks for that book.

Just got off the phone with Arborgold support. Had a different support person, he had the backend work and the quickbooks import done in 3 or 4 minutes. So my time with India support on Friday was a complete waste of time.

They imported the customer list, but it turns out that importing the customer balances is an additional $300 fee. Which is bad enough, but you have to submit a ticket, and it will be "a week or two" before they get around to it.

The main reason I bought this software was for the customer portal, so customers can access their accounts, check their balances, and hopefully get their accounts up to date online.

What good is the customer portal without the account balances?

So I thought I would have my bookkeeper come in, and the two of us could manually set the customer balances (389 customers) in Arborgold.

Well AG support tells me that I can't manually set previous balances. She tells me that most lawn companies want a fresh start, and that they don't want their customer's outstanding balances imported into AG from QB. Really?

I suppose if I had zero in A/R that would be true.

I guess we'll have to figure out a workaround to be able to load balances into customer's accounts so that we can send the customers to their portals so they can get their accounts up to date.

Hopefully there is a workaround.

The saga continues.

Doc8406 likes this.
  3. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

4. OP
    OP
    Eddieb18

Eddieb18 LawnSite Member

@jonthepain That sounds like an awful start. I was told that support was an issue by the competition of Arborgold (hard to always believe), but I appreciate the feedback. Have to say that a lot of people seem to like Autopilot

Doc8406 likes this.
  5. dkflipse

dkflipse LawnSite Member

The more I read theae posts the more I get demotivated from trying these programs. I use QB online and find it does 90% of what I need. Onlybthing I do in a spreadsheet is my daily/weekly route. But since stays mostly the same Its a big issue...

6. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Bronze Member

I would dump this Arborgold company, Sounds horrible. I use SAP and if I have any issues you can either call in or use their chat feature for support. My experience has been that any problems or questions you have are resolved that same day.

7. JFGLN

The nice thing about scheduling software is that it exports all the work you have done over the month to QBs. It's no big deal when you first start out to manually enter work into QBs but as you grow that can be quite a chore.

8. OP
    OP
    Eddieb18

Eddieb18 LawnSite Member

great to hear about SAP. Probably the one I will try. Seems like you can do as much or as little as you would like with it.

tdoeizreal likes this.
  9. JFGLN

That's so true. To be honest I just use the basic features. Things like scheduling, estimates and charging credit cards. New leads can request a quote online. I have a fair amount of clients that I have never met in person.

Doc8406 likes this.
  10. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Raleigh

Arborgold support has been getting better.

I'm giving it until the start of the season to see if it does what we need it to do efficiently.

If not, we'll go back to our old systems, and look around again in the off season.