Arborist Pruning work morphed into Photography and Portraiture

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mdvaden, Nov 9, 2015.

1. OP
    OP
    mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Prairie Creek Redwoods SP by a huge gnarly trunk

[​IMG]

2. OP
    OP
    mdvaden

After 5 rugged hours in the woods, a quick outfit change for a redwood forest photo. Lysa_1_1200.jpg

3. OP
    OP
    mdvaden

Along the water front in Crescent City, CA. The sister of the woman two posts previous. Arianna_FB.jpg

4. OP
    OP
    mdvaden

Same woman as the previous post, but forest instead of near the ocean. AM_Kiss_1200D.jpg

5. OP
    OP
    mdvaden

Something different for a change ... arborist in southern Oregon. SOTC_9.jpg

6. OP
    OP
    mdvaden

Just got Canon's 5DS camera last week and this cab driver was my first test. Available light, after sunset, downtown Medford, Oregon on Main St. The color and detail in the file was remarkable. Street_3_1200.jpg

7. On a call

On a call LawnSite Gold Member

Great shot ! where did you pick it up >> ?

8. OP
    OP
    mdvaden

I ordered a refurbished direct from Canon for about $600 less. I inquired if they are repaired, and was told they are not repaired but new quality.

9. On a call

On a call LawnSite Gold Member

That is great and a great way to get into a good camera. All in all how would you rate it...or, is it too soon to tell ?

10. OP
    OP
    mdvaden

I haven't used it much, but so far it seems to be what the reviews by better known professional photographers have said about it on youtube. There's even one guy who does action type advertising photography that showed a presentation about using it for cars or bikes in a certain application. So I think those curious should find the reviews because its hard to write in a post.

But its better than I anticipated.