Arborist Pruning work morphed into Photography and Portraiture

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mdvaden, Nov 9, 2015.

1. OP
    OP
    mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you. I do rise early. Most travelers visiting the redwood coast. I go in about 6 am to 7 am until about 10 am. No complaints, because it's more quiet too, as I sip my coffee and watch the forest wake up and change. Last week, the park with the sun rays above, was too clear with no fog at 6 am, so I drove south 30 mins. to the next park which turned out to have fog and overcast, which was pleasant.

[​IMG]

RussellB and On a call like this.
  2. OP
    OP
    mdvaden

The Colors of the Forest ...

[​IMG]

On a call, hort101 and RussellB like this.
  3. KCTREE

KCTREE LawnSite Member

Nice to see another ISA Certified Arborist on here, I'm also ISA Certified based out of the Midwest in Kansas City, your photography skills are far above any others I've seen!

RussellB and hort101 like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    mdvaden

Tattoo portrait in the old growth coast redwoods.

[​IMG]

RussellB likes this.
  5. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Bronze Member

You have a varied group of skills, that's for sure. So do you know a plethora of beautiful women or did you go to the tattoo shop and ask if anyone's done a certain tattoo? Tree?...

6. OP
    OP
    mdvaden

Various sources. The woman with the tattoo is one of two sisters from Crescent City who helped me with large tree photos for print art. Then there were others met where I get lunch, like Panda Express, Elmer's Pancake House. One from Beaverton Bakery, whom I encountered first at a Target Store. Got calls from two male models, and another guy worked for the local pet store. So a variety of places, including a networking site for photographers and makeup artists. This is the sister of the previous woman. From this weekend, amidst scotch broom.

View attachment 360073

other61.jpg

RussellB and hort101 like this.
  7. On a call

On a call LawnSite Gold Member

How deep do you have to go to find those wonderful trees in your photos ? I have never been there and may never get there but they are awesome !!

8. OP
    OP
    mdvaden

Some of the trees are in direct view of trails. Other trees are half a day's journey. There are plenty of options without going off trail.

hort101 likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    mdvaden

One of the first test photos with a new Canon EOS R adapting the Canon 85mm 1.2 Bella_Gap_POTN.jpg

hort101 and RussellB like this.
  10. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Bronze Member

Been wondering what happened to you? Wondered if you ran out of models...lol

hort101 likes this.