• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Arborvitae Installation

Infinite

LawnSite Member
I have a simple arborvitae installation coming up for a close relative and was just wondering what a reasonable price per plant would be?

SodKing

LawnSite Bronze Member
Close relative...Cost of the plant I would think and a thank you for helping get you some other business and for allowing you to put your sign out front.

SodKing

LawnSite Bronze Member
For a close relative, yes. Is it your mother or sister, brother? A cousin I may add a charge on but not for a close relative.

sheshovel

LawnSite Fanatic
I would also do a free installation and charge retail for the tree's to cover my gas to p/up and deliver them.IF it is a close relative,but beware..one relative tells another and it can snowball on you.
Avoid this by telling the close relative that if anybody asked they paid you to install the plants.
But if the close relative insists on paying you then charge them retail for the plants and hourly for the install...
I mean hey if they are going to throw money at me I will take it.

qps

LawnSite Bronze Member
JonHolland said:
Why are you paying $70 for a arborvitea? I can get 4' tall ones for $9.99
where??? Wal-mart??? Not at the wholesale Nurserys around here...