Arctic Cat ATV's???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SLC LLC, Nov 28, 2006.

1. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Took a trip over the holidays this past weekend, and spent a little time at Bass Pro. I have just purchased quite a bit of acreage to where I will be putting up my new shop. I want to get a 4-wheeler for out here to do some playing and running around. Bass Pro carried a line of Arctic Cat 4-wheelers that did not seem to steep in price. However, I do not know much about 4-wheeler brands or what to look for. Can anyone help me out here?????

If Arctic Cat is not the brand, what should I go with? I know this will prelude into the same responses when you ask "who makes the best lawnmower" but I am up for hearing everyon'es thoughts. Thanks so much.

2. 1999frontier

1999frontier LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

AC's are good machines. What are you going to be doing with it? Trail riding, working, do you want a good muddin machine? Check out highlifter.com they have an awesome site and tons of information about them.

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

AC's are nice, not too bad in price either. My cousin has a 500 4x4 manual and his partner has the same sled in automatic, they're both quite nice. I've ridden them a few times and both were nicer than the Suzuki King Quad I normally fart around on.

I only run Arctic Cat sleds too.

4. SLC  LLC

Thanks for the feedback gentleman. I am mainly looking for something just to mess around on. Will not be doing anything spectacular with it. Running around the ground that I own, maybe pull a small trailer full of firewood here and there. But I would like something reliable and that could take a pounding here and there.

I know that Bass Pro sells a boat line and that the boats they carry are cheaper in price to some, but not as well built, etc. Are there various lines of ATV's out there? By this, I mean something like mowing is concerned - commercial grade versus a residential grade?

Thanks again guys - I have never been disapponted with the feedback and assistance received on this site!

5. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Honda has without a doubt the best ATV's that are made. They are very reliable and parts are easy to come by. I have owned almost every brand of ATV for the past 18 years and raced for the past 3 years. I do have a 90cc Arctic Cat for my step daughter and it is an ok quad. Do not buy from Bass Pro. They are in the market to move product and are not as knowledgable for servicing issues. Go to an ATV dealer to buy. Check into the Honda Rancher, Rincon, or Rubicon models. They will suit what you are looking for.

6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I second that!!!!!!!!!:walking:

7. SLC  LLC

would a 250 be suitable for what i have described in intentions of use, or would i need to go with something more? i was leaning towards a 400, but am really not sure.

8. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Whatever you get I would make it at least a 400. JMO

9. SpikeGT

SpikeGT LawnSite Member
    from NW OH

Yamaha, Honda, Polaris are all good brands. I have experience with all three. All have great machines.

10. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Yes....400cc or more. No need for 4WD either unless you plan on getting in thick mud or heavy snow often. Although a 4WD with a plow can make good money in the winter on smaller lots and driveways. If you do consider plowing with it get a 600cc range machine.