• LawnSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again LawnSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of LawnSite will experience a major upgrade later this week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue..

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit LawnSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow LawnSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, LawnSite Team

Are my numbers out of line

BlueSkies

LawnSite Member
First off I am pretty much a mow guy. I do this as a second business.

I have a client who I have been mowing for a couple years and now she is wanting me to do a mulch and rock install. I originally turned it down but she insisted wanting me to do it. Told me to come up with a number and”don’t low ball it”

so I figured I would give it a shot.
Now here are the numbers.
on one side she wants mulch filled in. It’s 102 sq ft.
The other half of the install she wants rock installed. It’s 150 square feet. Mulch needs to be removed. And wants fabric put down.

After trying to account for everything (removal of mulch and dump fees, delivery of the new mulch and rock, fabric and pins 557)

I came up with 978 a the end of the day.
am I way out of the ball park on this.
Again I am brand new on trying to figure this part out.

thanks for the look and letting me bounce this off everyone here.

Youngandfree

LawnSite Silver Member
102sq ft of mulch is a cubic yard. I charge $110/yard delivered and installed if there is no real prep required. The removal of the old is going to be time consuming. What kind of rock are they wanting?

OP
B

BlueSkies

LawnSite Member
102sq ft of mulch is a cubic yard. I charge $110/yard delivered and installed if there is no real prep required. The removal of the old is going to be time consuming. What kind of rock are they wanting?
thanks for the reply. They are wanting either rock called chocolate chip or peanut brittle. (Sorry if that doesn’t mean anything to anyone but that’s what they were called) I can getthe choc chip for 89 and the PB for 82 a scoop per the supplier they both cover 60 sq foot.

OP
B

BlueSkies

LawnSite Member
that’s what I was worried about with the removal. I was thinking abouthour and half so I know that it is actually going to be 3. Lol

OP
B

BlueSkies

LawnSite Member
What is your plan to move the rock around? Its heavier than mulch. You'll need a little less than 3 scoops.
Planned on borrowing my dads small box trailer. It’s really low to the ground and shovel it into the wheelbarrow dump and spread. Or am I ignorant to a better way?

Youngandfree

LawnSite Silver Member
Depending on how far you have to move it, it may be worth renting a dingo. Have rock delivered and scoop it up off the driveway.

Toro44

LawnSite Member
for 1.5-2T of rock, I wouldn't even bring the mini skid I own. Just push the rock out of the truck into a barrow and move.

OP
B

BlueSkies

LawnSite Member
Is the trailer of your dads have stout enough axles for the rock?
Yes. It’s actually a car trailer and it has slots to put up barriers on all sides so we don’t lose anything in the delivery. (overkill size wise but it’s what I have right now)

thought about just having it delivered but the rock she is wanting is harder to find in my area or it would have to be delivered from a much further distance, and the supplier I found is the cheapest but they do t offer delivery.
It also could be I just don’t know where to look and who to call either. Still learning that part.