1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about enhanced efficiency fertilizers with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Are some trucks cursed? hexed, junxed, bad ju ju

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Az Gardener, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I have a 04 dodge 3/4 ton with the Cummins and I love that truck but I have just had the worst luck with it, I'm ready to throw in the towel.
    • Stolen then crashed by the thieves, front end damage.
    • Not back from the shop 1 month and it is hit very hard and wrecked on the passenger side.
    • One of my guys hits a column in our yard scrapes up the side so I have the bed painted, just got it back last night
    • This morning I get hit by someone and this time it is on the drivers side and much harder, it may be totaled.

What say ye owners of many trucks, am I just being nuts? All this in a little over a year.

2. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

That may be a bad luck truck! Ha! Time for a new one! Sorry to hear about all that! Weird how it happens sometimes. Mines got this just in a mechanical way. It breaks down way to much.

3. allinearth

allinearth LawnSite Senior Member

Employees wrecked three trucks this year and one was totaled. None of the accidents involved another vehicle. Just stupid mistakes. In 12 years never had much more then a dent here and there. Oh well what can you do.:rolleyes:

4. Az Gardener

Yes I'm sure statistics come into play. I have over 700-K miles driven without a crash that was my fault until today. Besides this truck only one other accident in the company in 9 years and 0 in the 5 previous years with my partnership.

5. 12Valve

12Valve LawnSite Member
    from NC

yeah I think you got one lol

mines cursed but in the other way it gets parts hungry got to feed it a headlight switch

6. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Dude, I'm sorry about all the bad luck...it might just be time for a new truck. Hope your okay after all those hits.

7. Az Gardener

This truck just wont die. Got the call today only about 6-7 Grrr to fix so I will get this accident waiting to happen back "good as new" again in just another month ;) :clapping: ;) What are the odds it will crash again??? You would think by now it would be very unlikely... but at some point I think the odds flip and go the other way. Ahhh boy :dizzy:

8. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

My friends 04 2500 Dodge diesel has been wrecked five times in the same spot on the bed. 3 were from his wife backing into the same pole at work, then a deer ran into the side of it, and just last month a tire came off a semi on the highway bounced up and took out the bed. BTW is your truck red?