Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after all your overhead, EVERYTHING, payroll, trucks, ins, EVERYTHING, are you clearing $500 a day mowing? by CLEARING, i mean CLEARING. can you put 5 - $100 bills in your pocket each day?

·
Banned
21,630 Posts
No, not sustained, and likely not for a long time...At least not solo, and not in va... I can sustain 300+ gross / day peak and have done 400 / day but that's a record rate... I think I've grossed 800 in 2 days before, and sure there may be a time I'll gross 1k in 2 days but again, it's not a sustained thing.

And throughout Jul-Aug, I'm lucky if I gross 2k/month with the heat and drought, the demand is always low this time of year.

CLEARING?
sheeee i'm just a high-class scrub, man.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I wish! As stated above, not solo and not consistly enough to make me happy.

It would be pretty nice to clear that solo. But in this game, down here at least, you need 6 (Rodrigos) or 6 (Jean Paul Vinny's) paid under the table to at least compete with the competition.. Once you have completed that. Then you will start putting 'mucho de'neiro in your poket.

·
Registered
196 Posts
i do between my small lawns and my huge account it averages out to be every day

·
Registered
69 Posts
Is this leading to another political or unionization comentary?

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
no, not here....many days gross that or more, but not net.

and I certainly don't gross 500 every day, good days, lower days....but I just do ride on mowing, trimming, edging, nothing more, no landscape stuff.

just a lawnboy living in paradise, I know I can't get rich doing this, it is a lifestyle thing, only do it cause I like playing on big ZTR's ha ha.

·
Registered
476 Posts
With one helper i'm personally netting $40 per hour including driving time, that's $320 for an eight hour day. Our gross is $76 per hour. We're working between 32 and 40 hours per week mostly mowing. That's all I can handle in this heat. There's no way a solo op. can consistently net $500 a day. You would have to gross close to a thousand to net that much. When I say net I mean after everything, all expenses and income tax.

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ProLawns said:
With one helper i'm personally netting $40 per hour including driving time, that's $320 for an eight hour day. Our gross is $76 per hour. We're working between 32 and 40 hours per week mostly mowing. That's all I can handle in this heat. There's no way a solo op. can consistently net $500 a day. You would have to gross close to a thousand to net that much. When I say net I mean after everything, all expenses and income tax.
wait a minute, a solo man would need to gross $1000 to net $500? that's propostorous. mr solo should not have more than $135 a day in total operating costs and overhead, and income tax, unless he can't control his overhead

·
Registered
852 Posts
At $1000, uncle sam is going to take $250 from you if you are in the 25% tax bracket. How in the world did you come up with $135 total.

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no deductions???? no dependents? no children, no health insurence, mortgage, schooling, medication, etc, etc?

·
Registered
852 Posts
What the he!! was I thinking, leaving out deductions. I try to keep my overhead very low. But still, the lower my overhead, the less deductions I have. To answer your question. No, I don't net $500 per day. Solo.

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
solo, it's tough. but if you're ambitious, you should easily clear $300 solo. of course, till you fall apart from being solo. but, with an employee, it should be very easy to clear 5 bills a day, working no more than 8-9 hrs. anyone wanna hear my new system? especially since i think ric blabbed anyhow

·
Registered
805 Posts
bobbygedd said:
solo, it's tough. but if you're ambitious, you should easily clear $300 solo. of course, till you fall apart from being solo. but, with an employee, it should be very easy to clear 5 bills a day, working no more than 8-9 hrs. anyone wanna hear my new system? especially since i think ric blabbed anyhow
I'd love to learn the details of your new system. Do tell Bobby.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.