Separate names with a comma.
Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
Catch up on the conversation about enhanced efficiency fertilizers with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .
Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by kentross09, Feb 12, 2012.
Im out for the night, will be back on computer tomorrow.
Posted via Mobile Device
Did the guy that started this thread ever give the steps? i couldn't find them.
Apparently this reply needs to be more than 10 characters so...Nope, he did not.
This method may not get you to the "top top" of google, depending on where you live, and how many LCOs know about this, (and the first letter of your company, since the list is alphabetized), but for me, it got me to the front page.
In my neck of the woods, I used google to find out how many times certain words were typed into the search engine like "lawn service near cary, IL" or "landscaper near 60013" I found out that these phrases are used VERY often.
TO THE POINT
1) click this link, it will take you to Google Places http://www.google.com/places/
2) click the "get started" button on the right
3) click the red sign-up button at the top, enter ur info, and continue
(FROM THIS POINT FOREWARD I AM GOING BY MEMORY, SINCE I DON'T WANT TO CREATE ANOTHER ACCOUNT JUST TO PUBLISH THESE STEPS)
4) You should be asked for your company information, you can put in your logo, include all your services, add contact info, a website url, etc.
5) At this point, you need to finish inputting info, (submit it for reviewing?) i think?
6) Your business will not be listed until you recieve a card in the mail from Google, it will have a code inside, enter the code, and within 48 hours or so your ad will be available for anyone to see if a potential client types in certain locations, zipcodes, company names, and zipcodes.
If you want to see what it should look like, google search "lawn service in cary, IL" and look for my listing. If you press "place page" at the bottom, you'll go to my ad, click on my name, you'll go to my website.
I also did this same thing with yahoo, type in "yahoo local" and do the same thing there! (they won't mail you a card though)
Hopefully this helped a bit, it's been a full year since i did this so im a bit rusty, but i did my best. It's a shame that someone starts a thread offering information, but never delivers.
If you have ?s PM me or post a message
Good info, one thing to note (as I just today went to add someone's site)
You also have the option for them call the listed business number to verify. This at least is the case if you are modifying an account they already had in there on their own finding, like my friends.
I am curious, did anyone every get a PM from Serge (kentross09) in regards to this thread?
I keep checking google to see if I can find some of his sites on the first page, to see how well he does.
I've been trying to teach myself SEO for my website, but there seems to be a whole lot to it. I'm lost! Can you offer any suggestions? Will backling alone work?
Nope, backlinks alone will not work. The various SEO methods work in concert with each other, illustrating that the whole really is greater than the sum of it's parts.
As a new person here, I'd recommend searching this specific sub-forum to for SEO or Rank or Google or Places...etc, as a lot of what you'd like to know has been covered.
To get your feet wet, start here and check out the links on the side of the page, specifically the SEO Starter Guide.
How do you guys on this forum make the signature at the bottom of each post?