area light

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Mike M, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

Can anyone refer me to extra tall path/area fixtures? I thought Unique had something new, but I can't find it on the site.

I have a prospective customer with a table area the want illuminated, but it is far away from any source from which to hang a down light.

Thanks.

2. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Unique endevor stands 5' tall.

3. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

I just installed some of both versions of these:

http://www.nightscaping.com/linedrwpdfs/ideal_liter.pdf

http://www.nightscaping.com/pdfs/ideal_liter.pdf

The straight stem version is 37" to the bottom of the "shade". The curved stem version is more like 30". Great for a Japanese garden theme, but good for other styles too.

I toned them down a little with the 1430 Xenon lamps (11.5 W ea, or 23 W per fixture)... they come stock with 1433s (18.0 W ea. for a total of 36W per fixture.)

The copper is a really nice dull reddish color inside of a month of installation.

4. Mike M

from usa

Thanks guys;

The Endeavor was the one I was thinking of, but forgot the name. It's on the Unique website. I'm going to propose it for both their grill area and another for the table area.

I like that it comes in the weathered brass and includes the perma-post thingy.

Gregg, do you have a pic of the one you mentioned installed?

5. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

Mike you should know that you can order both our copper and brass area lights in different heights ranging from 12", the standard 16-18", 24", 36", 48", and 60".

[​IMG]

Endeavor in action thanks to Ned Hastings!!!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. irrig8r

Sorry Mike, not yet. I'm scheduled to take photos there next Monday night...

The Endeavour looks like a useful fixture. What's the difference between it and the Expedition?

7. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

Only the top. The Endeavour utilizes the Centaurus 6 top and the Expedition utilizes the Saturn top!!

[​IMG]

Note that the set screws have been removed from the fixture collars for a cleaner look.

8. irrig8r

9. Mike M

from usa

Joey, I have used the larger tops on paths, but the larger beam spread is at a compromise for more glare. I guess if they go with these, I should buy both tops and then try each.

Thanks so much for the pics & info.

10. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Im sure you can get the 4" hat with it. I have a job comin up that might need the Endeavour. Ill post picks if i end up using it.