1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

ARGHHHH!! Employees!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassrootsinab, Jun 13, 2006.

1. grassrootsinab

grassrootsinab LawnSite Member
    from up here

I lost another client last night (4 total) 'cause the cutting job isn't up to what I do myself. I'm a full time teacher, and have about 40 clients a week to cut. My employee agreed to work until July when I'm off school (he's going to work the oil patch). I'm not so worried about losing a client as I think I have more than enough work for what I want to do and I am thinking about downsizing to be more manageable myself...it's more the reason for leaving. I don't want the word of mouth stuff to get around that we do shoddy work ('cause we don't...just a couple of trimming mishaps etc). He does a good job on 35 of 40 a week. I send him back to fix the misses and he never complains about that.

I just don't understand how after 4 weeks of work (2 of which were with me training) that he still doesn't follow pay attention to the details. Now I'm between a rock and a hard place 'cause I've got 2 weeks 'til I go full time and I don't want to lose any more jobs but I can't afford to fire him (no way I can service all of the properties during final exams etc.). Just needed to vent...I'm losing sleep etc....school's gotta end so I can cut grass!!!

2. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

Had that problem 3 years ago..went threw 4 guys in 2 weeks..can be hard to find good help sometimes..goodluck.