1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

argos

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by 1idejim, Jul 30, 2011.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

what a piece of work, the guy insults my shirt, my eye and maybe even my mom and then asks me to do a locate all within 90 seconds of jumping from the truck. i felt right at home.

argos is prolly one of the most enjoyable people that a fellow can be around. he's doing some work near me and i took the opportunity to meet with him and ended up spending around 9 hrs kicking around the job site.

we located a mainline (and i mean we, he actually made the locate while i bothered him with suggestions) and it was spot on.

he has one man crew and seems to get on fine with his man Friday, Matt.

no b.s., it was a pure pleasure to meet argos and i hope to see him in the future.

BTW, he gave up all the dirt on a few of the members and will prolly blackmail me in some fashion. :laugh:

what a good day, i have pics that i'll post at a later date. :waving:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  2. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

woo hoo!!

I would love to meet some of you guys at some point in time

3. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

Agreed, Argos is a great guy and a real family man.

4. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

At least you got away with only babysitting him for 9 hours...

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Ski/snowboard trip this winter. Even if you just kick it at the lodging.

6. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

I'm game :) send me a blurb about it closer when winter comes and I'll set things in motion to come on over

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Last we all talked, I think it will be in Montana this year. I'm sure we'll get a thread going.

8. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

I have pics of Jim working. Not only did he get abused, but he also ended up with a shovel. Will post when I get home.

I haven't met ANYONE, with the exception of Les, Matt, Dana, Peter, and Jim, that I didn't like on this forum.

9. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Hey, no sweat - I'll introduce you to my ex-wife if you want. . .

While I have never, and this is no bullshit, been snow skiing in my life - don't forget about me. After fifty plus days in this heat I am ready for some snow and some snow chilled beers.

10. FIMCO-MEISTER

FIMCO-MEISTER Banned

You can snow shoe with me. Maybe even a little winter fishing. Won't be that far from some fine fishing. Or we can build a tent on some lake and ice fish and hope we don't catch anything to force us to set down our beer.

Montana Brewery visit laws
    Only serve 48ozs from 4-8pm.