1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

    Dismiss Notice

Articulating hedge trimmers -- worth buying?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by naturescape, Apr 12, 2005.

  1. naturescape

    naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,696

    For you people out there with articulating hedge trimmers -- do you like them? I have the Tanaka hedgetrimmers, I think 18", but I am interested in the a.h.t. for taller hedges and shrubs. Are they hard to use?
  2. Premo Services

    Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,516

    I have the attachment articulating hedge trimmer for my stihl trimmer and they work well. It makes the tall bushes a breeze to trim. Gets the job done quicker and that means more money in my pocket. payup payup I have had mine for about 3 years now and it was a good purchase for me. :waving:
  3. BigMike

    BigMike LawnSite Member
    Messages: 20

    I have the Echo articulating hedge clippers...and, I wouldn't buy or replace this one with non-articulating ones. Spend the extra money! Why? When using the articulating hedge clippers, I'll bet that I keep the angle constant for approximately 85% of the time...now, the other 15% is the kicker. The ability to vary the angle of a very long tool is paramount. You just need that certain angle sometimes...can't really say it better than that; except, that you'll use less tools to complete jobs.

    PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,534

    We could not do all the jobs that we do with put them.
    YES they are.
    I have the Stihl combi set up with the extra extension pole and it's great. A bit heavy but we can switch to the smaller ones for a while if the arms get too tired.
  5. bobbygedd

    bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ
    Messages: 10,178

    i wouldn't leave home without them.
  6. rodfather

    rodfather LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 9,501

    They're a godsend when you need them.
  7. YardPro

    YardPro LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,570

    we have the ecco. they are a necessary tool for us.
  8. naturescape

    naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,696

    Thanks guys, sounds like I'll have to buy one!
  9. Tanaka

    Tanaka Inactive
    Messages: 1,084

  10. Fareway Lawncare

    Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada
    Messages: 2,222

    They're Used in Straight Configuration 99% of the Time....The Fold is Nice on the Long Pole Articulators for Transport & Storage.

Share This Page