Ask the Expert with U.S. Lawns: Conquer Your Staffing Challenges

Discussion in 'Franchising' started by Michael J. Donovan, Oct 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ken Hutcheson

Ken Hutcheson LawnSite Member

You're right. This topic has been discussed in the past and will be discussed in the future. The secret to success in a service business is selecting the right customer. A customer that places value on more than just the service rendered. They pay for convenience and peace of mind. Do you make them look good. Selecting the right customer minimizes the impact of higher wages. For example, in the commercial arena a property manager could lose their job if they make the wrong selection in a service provider. It elevates it above just price.

Michael J. Donovan likes this.
  2. Bowmans Best

Bowmans Best LawnSite Member

I would love to know what has worked for hiring and retaining employees. Something that has worked for some other companies. We are a small company on the cusp of being able to really expand if we could only stay staffed. Any ideas and tips would be appreciated.

3. Ken Hutcheson

Ken Hutcheson LawnSite Member

I appreciate everyone's time today. I invite you to visit me next week in Louisville, KY at the GIE+EXPO. U.S. Lawns is located at booth #9063. I'll also be participating in a panel discussion on Thursday morning at 9:30 AM.

jem7* likes this.
  4. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

Thanks, Ken!

We’ve reached the end of today’s Ask the Expert event. Thank you to everyone who joined today, to Ken Hutcheson for providing his insight and advice, and to U.S. Lawns for sponsoring this event. This thread will be closed for further commenting but will remain archived in the Franchising forum for future reference. Our next Ask the Expert event will be November 9, 2016 at 12:00-2:00pm ET.

For additional information about U.S. Lawns, please contact Todd Chapman, Director of Franchise Recruiting, at 407-246-1630 or tchapman@uslawns.com. You can also visit www.uslawns.com/franchise. They’d love to hear from you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.