Ask the Expert with U.S. Lawns: Oct. 10, 2017

Discussion in 'Franchising' started by Michael J. Donovan, Sep 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron Cover

Aaron Cover LawnSite Member

i use yardbook for all estimates and invoices

2. Aaron Cover

Aaron Cover LawnSite Member

i have to leave now

3. Ken Hutcheson

Ken Hutcheson LawnSite Member

Eric, allocate the same level of resources to acquire employees as you do customers. The best source of new employees is referrals from your existing employees. Be sure you are a great place to work. There are plenty of employees out there, why aren't they working for you?

Michael J. Donovan likes this.
  4. Eric Doan

Eric Doan LawnSite Member

Thank you very much, great advice.

Ken Hutcheson likes this.
  5. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

keeping with some of the questions, comments and themes for this round of Ask the Expert, I wanted some to weigh in on this

How much value do you place on yourself as the owner? Would the business be able to continue in your absence or does the business need you in order to survive?

6. Michael J. Donovan

Hi all, I just wanted to post a quick time check. We are approaching the last 10 minutes of the Ask the Expert event. Please get your final questions in.

7. Randaz622

Randaz622 LawnSite Member

Help what if employees don't show and I have no backup?

hort101 likes this.
  8. Ken Hutcheson

Money, passion, freedom - these maybe reasons you started your landscape business. Perhaps now you're finding that the financial rewards you had envisioned aren't happening. Equally discouraging, you have little time for anything but work. What to do? It's your call.

Make a change. Invest in yourself and invest in your business. This is a great industry! If you need a road map to improve your life, we are here to help. Visit us at www.uslawnsfranchise.com or contact us at 407-867-3529.

Thanks to all who participated!

RussellB likes this.
  9. Michael J. Donovan

We’ve reached the end of the Ask the Expert event. I wanted to thank everyone who joined today, Ken Hutcheson for providing his insight and advice again, and U.S. Lawns for sponsoring this event. This thread will be closed for further commenting but will remain archived in the Franchising forum for future reference.

RussellB likes this.
  10. Ken Hutcheson

Randaz, tough question. Can't fix it today, but you can prepare for tomorrow. 2 part-timers might be better than one full-timer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.