Asked to Move Truck

cutman2000

LawnSite Senior Member
We had about 7 minutes left to finish a property. For some lawns we park across the street, sometimes in front of another property, but in the street. We do this to get full access to the property we're servicing(edging, trimming and blowing off). Well a lady came out asking for the driver of the truck, me. I'm working but walked up to her. She wants the tuck loaded and moved. I explained that we were just wrapping things up and should be gone in 5 or 6 minutes(she still looked pissed). She asked that I park in front of her neighbor's house the next time I come back, which is in two weeks(bi-weekly). I told her that I couldn't promised that but I could maybe move it a little to the right, but not to cover her neighbor's driveway. No, she insisted that I park in front of her other neighbor's house next time, a little further down the street. What would you guys do?

JMK26

LawnSite Fanatic
Tell her it's a public street and you'll park where it's more convenient for you.

Mark Stark

LawnSite Fanatic
We have a client on a busy street so we park on a side street very close by. Kooky lady comes running out and tells us we HAVE to move. We were parked across the street from nutso ladies house....Anyway, she says we have to move because "the ducks fly overhead and our truck will disturb them".

I was able to back the truck up a bit to appease lady. It was irritating but not a big deal. A few weeks later the kooky lady called the police on a car that was parked in the spot she told us to move from. 3 police cars were on scene. The "culprit" was a visitor to the girl that owns the house where we had parked. In other words, crazy neighbor calls police on nice neighbor because nice neighbor had a visitor parked in front of their own house!

So many weirdos out there!

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
We have a client on a busy street so we park on a side street very close by. Kooky lady comes running out and tells us we HAVE to move. We were parked across the street from nutso ladies house....Anyway, she says we have to move because "the ducks fly overhead and our truck will disturb them".

I was able to back the truck up a bit to appease lady. It was irritating but not a big deal. A few weeks later the kooky lady called the police on a car that was parked in the spot she told us to move from. 3 police cars were on scene. The "culprit" was a visitor to the girl that owns the house where we had parked. In other words, crazy neighbor calls police on nice neighbor because nice neighbor had a visitor parked in front of their own house!

So many weirdos out there!
You just can't make that stuff up!!