Asked to Move Truck

Discussion in 'Lawn Care Business Management' started by cutman2000, Aug 13, 2019.

1. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like you bumped into my neighbor, the guy who interrupted a children’s party down the street, because someone parked in front of their house, legally.

That Guy Gary and GrassManKzoo like this.
  2. Matthews Lawn Care

Matthews Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

Oh yeah they are. About 6 months ago there was a guy who shot and killed another guy cuz of road rage. They pulled over, 1 guy punches the other, the guy who got punched pulls a gun out of his car and shoots the guy in front of his family. Keep in mind this is a rural town, population 12k. It was on the highway.

The deal is here is that everyone thinks the stand your ground law gives you the right to shoot/kill whoever just cuz. Well that guy got life in prison so maybe these fools should consult an attorney before acting out.

JLSLLC likes this.
  3. GrassManKzoo

GrassManKzoo LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Kalamazoo, MI

I insist they call the cops ASAP because I’ll be done and gone before they even think of showing up!

Mark Oomkes, knox gsl and JLSLLC like this.
  4. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Some D bag shot this girl here locally last year bc she had to merge in front of him. On the highway, Lane ending

5. Jason 414

Jason 414 LawnSite Member

Had this a few times this year, especially when I've got heavy equipment. I just tell them if they ever find my truck on their lawn, let me know and I'll move it. If it's in the streets and still bothers them, call 911 and let them know the emergency.

Generally I'm not worried about bad reviews or neighborhood talk. If someone is bitching about my where cars are parked, chances are every one of their neighbors hates them and won't care what they say about our company. No sweat off my back.

Babaganoosh and That Guy Gary like this.
  6. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Missouri

What I hate is parking in the street and some moron comes and parks right across from me on the other side of the street leaving barely enough room for anyone to get buy...since I'm the one in the vehicle that comes and goes it must have been me that parked across the other car and I look like a D bag that doesn't know how to park....

7. Matthews Lawn Care

It’s so stupid. I don’t get it. Not only are they killing someone who poses 0 threat to their life but they’re also going to spend the rest of their life in prison. No one wins, just dumb. I use my horn and middle finger a lot, it gets the point across and I stay out of prison. Maybe I should become a “life coach” for road rage prone people? Bet I’d make more $ than I do mowing and I’d be in a climate controlled environment.

Road Rage for Dummies coming to a Barnes and Noble near you.

Mumblingboutmowers likes this.
  8. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Missouri

Just an in general parking thing.....Parking lots...if some dolt is parked on the lines...not taking up two spots for their fancy car/truck (that is another topic)....just someone that can't park between brightly painted lines....I've been known to let my wife out of the truck before I pull in perfectly in my spot ...which happens to be two inches from their car.....if it happens to be on my side I'll park correctly and crawl across to get out the passenger side. My wife just shakes here head and laughs when I do this.

9. Matthews Lawn Care

Or the people who park on the street instead of in their driveway. The neighbor across the street of 1 of my Friday customers parks on the street, never in her driveway. Not sure what the deal is but it’s a corner lot with a 4 way stop. Not the best spot to park to begin with. I’ve thought about utilizing their driveway for them on Fridays but figures that might be a little bit much so I just smile and wave when people try to squeeze between my rig and their car. They usually honk or give the ole mean mug - whatever makes them feel better.

Mark Oomkes, That Guy Gary and JMK26 like this.
  10. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Missouri

Yes!!! Driveways!!.... I have neighborhoods where NO ONE uses the goshdarn driveway. All the driveways are empty but there are 30 cars in the street.