• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

Aspire vs. Asset?

malagawine123

LawnSite Member
Our company has 50 employees and about $5 million/year in revenue. We are primarily residential. We currently use Asset and find it very user-unfriendly and the reporting capabilities are extremely limited. We are looking into Aspire Software.

I'm wondering if anyone has who has used both Asset and Aspire has any feedback on the two. Or if you've used Aspire and just have any general feedback to share, that would be great.

Other software recommendations are welcome too.

grass man 11

LawnSite Senior Member
Are you maintenance or construction based ? No experience with either. But I know plenty of companies your size that are residential and maintenance based that use service autopilot. I also use that system, about half your size.

LonestarLandscaping1

LawnSite Member
Aspire is good, I have talked with a lot of people who love it, and a handful who hate it.

We use Jobber for Maintance/ Irrigation/ Enhancements(roughly 6mm). It works perfect for how we use it. Clients info, scheduling, proposals, billing, customer feedback, professional, etc.

For construction we use Dynascape Manage 360, im not fully sold on it yet. Still working out kinks. The potential seems amazing, just not there now.

dkflipse

LawnSite Member
Aspire is good, I have talked with a lot of people who love it, and a handful who hate it.

We use Jobber for Maintance/ Irrigation/ Enhancements(roughly 6mm). It works perfect for how we use it. Clients info, scheduling, proposals, billing, customer feedback, professional, etc.

For construction we use Dynascape Manage 360, im not fully sold on it yet. Still working out kinks. The potential seems amazing, just not there now.
Interesting. And you use another program for accounting?

SoCalLandscapeMgmt

LawnSite Silver Member
Interested to see responses on this. We do about $2M in construction work and run off just Google drive and Quickbooks currently. It is extremely hard for me to get past Aspire's pricing structure, seems absurd to me.
I did a demo of Aspire today. It's an impressive piece of software. I just can't get my head around the pricing structure and the cost...

LonestarLandscaping1

LawnSite Member
I did a demo of Aspire today. It's an impressive piece of software. I just can't get my head around the pricing structure and the cost...
I agree. Since the original post in April we have done a lot of looking into improving our systems/ software.

I did a few demos with Aspire and it was a great piece of software, however it is very expensive vs everything else on the market. For the price that we would have to pay Aspire(10mm+ annual gross) , we could almost hire a fulltime programmer and create our own! To improve ones company is expensive, however with margins tight in landscape, everything counts and i just could not justify Aspire.

We signed up with asset about 2 months ago and are in the set up phase. So far it is very smooth and pretty easy to use as it is the exact same process/ thoughtpath as our old systems, just all in one platform. To be fair, it does look like it came out in 2000 with the old style layout that it runs on. The thing that finally sold me was that they are working on a huge revamp of Asset that would include a all new layout. As far as metrics and reporting, they showed me IKPI which is all of the important metrics by crew and by account rep bundled up into one nice program.

As soon as we go live with it, then I will write a short update.

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic

All the pricey softwares seem like they have all this potential hidden behind curtains of kinks and glitches and “coming soon”

We are using arborgold right now
Manage 360 didn’t do inventory Or Maintenance/snow plowing very well, that’s why we didn’t get it

snomaha

LawnSite Bronze Member
I agree. Since the original post in April we have done a lot of looking into improving our systems/ software.

I did a few demos with Aspire and it was a great piece of software, however it is very expensive vs everything else on the market. For the price that we would have to pay Aspire(10mm+ annual gross) , we could almost hire a fulltime programmer and create our own! To improve ones company is expensive, however with margins tight in landscape, everything counts and i just could not justify Aspire.

We signed up with asset about 2 months ago and are in the set up phase. So far it is very smooth and pretty easy to use as it is the exact same process/ thoughtpath as our old systems, just all in one platform. To be fair, it does look like it came out in 2000 with the old style layout that it runs on. The thing that finally sold me was that they are working on a huge revamp of Asset that would include a all new layout. As far as metrics and reporting, they showed me IKPI which is all of the important metrics by crew and by account rep bundled up into one nice program.

As soon as we go live with it, then I will write a short update.
We went down the create your own software route. Whatever time,energy and cost you budget for, take that times five.