1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Associations to join

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by mcdow, Jan 25, 2011.

1. mcdow

mcdow LawnSite Member
    from NW Ohio

I am a newbie. I am still in the planning and setup phase of my business. I just completed some landscape design courses and have an associate degree in business. I plan on keeping my current job for the time being and have the landscape business as a part time thing for now, hopefully full time sooner than later. I am in the process of getting an applicators license, insurance and a state tax id. My question is, should I be looking into joining an association also. I looked at some and it seems like they offer a lot in the way of education and more. What ones should I consider, and are there any local ones for northwest ohio that anyone is aware of. Thanks for the help

:usflag:

2. silverado212

silverado212 LawnSite Senior Member

OLCA for starters.

3. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT LawnSite Senior Member

4. mcdow

mcdow LawnSite Member
    from NW Ohio

Thanks for the input. I have seen OLA and ONLA and PLANET, wasn't sure which route to go.