ASV RT-40 Track Loader.. WOW!!

Markle

LawnSite Member
I had an ADV RC-30.. loved that machine.. would climb a wall, OK Lift but more is better. Finicky at best.. weak drive motors but never let me down, did amazing things with it. Upgraded to an RT-40! WOW.. much more power.. very refined.. no slaming the joystick.. Lifts and drives with a LOT.. goes way faster than the RC30. Maxed out everything, and it keeps on coming.. the Kubota engine starts right up, no DEF fluid. Frame is much stronger.. suspension similar but bigger wheel bearings and more Solid. Can't say enough positive about it! I don't really understand Diesels.. The RC30 at 1500cc put out 30 HP, this Kubota at 1800 cc AND Turbo puts out only 37.5HP. Obviously much Better Hydraulics than RC. Great status temperatures including Hydraulic Temp. Tachometer. RC had a Fuel gauge that rarely worked. Much quieter.. but more hydraulic whine. I guess that goes with Mo Powa.

A few downsides.
No hacking this one.. there's a computer with a Mass Airflow Sensor and a small Turbo (But Haven't heard any Turbo whine yet.. If this becomes a Dealer Fix it Only, that'd be a bad day. No online service manuals out there that I've seen, but Track Loader Parts has the Parts break down which is a big help.

The Backup Alarm is OBNOXIOUS.. there is a 5A fuse in the fuse box that you will need to pull.

Finding the Dip Stick.. It's well hidden behind the battery, way down low. ASV really needs to put a LONG Dip Stick tube on this..

Just hope nothing breaks.. the engine compartment is pretty packed with a small intercooler across the top. Small hands and fancy tools might be necessary. We need Service Manuals.. the RC30 SM is easy to find online.

Good Luck.. this RT40 is totally Awesome.. Goes places on side of steep hills in mud, hauling big stuff that nobody else can do.. IMO ASV owns the Subcompact 4' bucket Track Loader business.

Capt J-rod

LawnSite Member
I've been looking at adding a machine to the fleet. I am drawn heavily to the Bobcat Toolcat 5600... No where near the capabilities of a tracked skid, but a decent fit for my needs. ASV keeps popping up in my search for user input and it is a very interesting machine. I would be operating 90% of the time on finished product and turf which makes me stay in the all wheel steer realm, but these ASV have my attention. Sadly I have no dealers near by and dealer support is becoming very necessary as emissions and computers are locking everyone out. Congrats on the new machine. Your input answers a lot of questions as for the difference in a 30 and a 40.

OP
M

Markle

LawnSite Member
That ToolCat looks like helluva machine! Articulated 4WD works comparably to tracks and is much easier on Grass/Turf, but not as well on steep hill sides. For your application that ToolCat looks perfect!

NEWSFLASH: The RT-40 has NO Rear standard 2" Trailer Hitch receiver.. the RC30 did! For a $40K++ machine ASV should do a Recall! I still love it though.

OP
M

Markle

LawnSite Member
From the ASV Website:
Can I purchase a service manual or operator manual for my ASV machine?
Yes, operator and service manuals can be viewed and printed from your servicing dealer.
Looks like they're trying to go dealer service only... Houston, we have a problem.

They make money on Parts.. I earn it back doing my own maintenance/repair where I can. Since I bought mine Nused w/120 hrs, do I still have a warranty?