1. Maintaining Company Culture During Stressful Times

How do you maintain a positive company culture during a time of social distancing, economic uncertainty, and health worries? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

AT 101's still saving the day.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Mumblingboutmowers, May 2, 2019.

1. Mumblingboutmowers

Mumblingboutmowers LawnSite Senior Member

RidinGreen posted last year about how good these tires are as did Mowdaddy, so I bought a pair last fall and was impressed then and I continue to be impressed. The ground has been very wet and over the past week the AT 101's have saved me from getting stuck many times and most likely saved me from many slides and crashes. I was mowing a very steep slimy slope today on a new yard I picked up and there is absolutely no way I could've done it with stock tires.

AT 101s are awesome I cannot suggest them enough. Easier on the turf too, no spinning or sliding, they grip and grip well.

Thanks again RidinGreen and Mowdaddy on suggesting them. One of my best purchases ever for sure.

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Right now in this extremely soft ground we have here from so much rain, they leave cleat marks. Not damage, but cleat marks.....in the thin areas and bare dirt. More than the Turf Masters ever did which is obvious as to why, but on grass, there's no signs they were ever there. The traction is so far ahead of the TM's, that I won't go back. They grip the grass and make hills easy without tearing or sliding and scuffing. I mowed a short steep bank today that I would always slide or spin on trying to turn around etc. Not one spin or slip happened and the grass was very wet. They should be an option for every new mower.

3. OP
    OP
    Mumblingboutmowers

Mumblingboutmowers LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, that's the only downfall that I see with them, the cleat marks is soft areas that have thin grass, but with all of the advantages that is easy to live with and haven't had any customers say anything about it yet.

The one steep bank I did today was very wet. I had to walk along the very top of it with my trimmer to touch up where there were some rocks and my boots were sliding on it. I was fully expecting to slide down it when I was mowing but to my pleasant surprise the mower held like a magnet to steel.

I will never buy anything but the AT101's from here on out. Unless of course they quit making them which wouldn't surprise me because every time I find a great product it seems to vanish from the market. lol.

Doc8406, Spartan57, bmc1025 and 2 others like this.
  4. Mowing monkey.

Mowing monkey. LawnSite Bronze Member

That’s the same tires I run. I’ll never have turfs again.

5. CGros31

CGros31 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll never run anything but bar tires on any of my machines again. In fact, my dealer now offers the bar tires as an option. They will credit you $100 for the stock tires. When I finally upgrade to the Z994R I will have bar tires installed from the dealer.

6. DK35vince

DK35vince LawnSite Member

I switched to the AT 101's last year
    Couldn't take the turfs spinning/sliding around any longer
    Should have done it years ago.

7. SFL

SFL LawnSite Member

Where does one get these tires?

8. Grassfire205

Grassfire205 LawnSite Senior Member

Amazon or ebay. Check every couple days as prices fluctuate. I waited 3 weeks to buy some but the prices was 20 bucks a tire cheaper when i did buy

Mumblingboutmowers and hort101 like this.
  9. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I got a really good deal on mine on amazon when I got them. Haven't seen them anywhere near the same price since.

10. code54

code54 LawnSite Member

They are nice tires, just wish they made them in more sizes!