At least in NJ the official reason to raise your prices.

oqueoque

LawnSite Fanatic
NJ Governor Murphy said, " And I think that will lead, at least, or may be a contributor right now to some amount of inflation. Because if you’re paying your staff more, you’re probably going to find — an employer, some way to pass that onto your customer and my guess is that’s going to be, in the short term at least, that’s going to be the ticket to get fully staffed up.”

I'm not sure if this will last here in Business Operations, but if you have to pay more for help and have to pay more for other cost, raise your prices, and blame it on the Government.

GRANTSKI

LawnSite Silver Member
As a customer I’d be pissed if my contractor politicized his prices. Just keep it simple and raise your price as needed. Ntm any good owner should be giving his staff a path to success and periodic raises anyway ‍. and should have a plan built in to raise prices or EFFICIENCY to cover that.

CapeMay609

LawnSite Senior Member
NJ Governor Murphy said, " And I think that will lead, at least, or may be a contributor right now to some amount of inflation. Because if you’re paying your staff more, you’re probably going to find — an employer, some way to pass that onto your customer and my guess is that’s going to be, in the short term at least, that’s going to be the ticket to get fully staffed up.”

I'm not sure if this will last here in Business Operations, but if you have to pay more for help and have to pay more for other cost, raise your prices, and blame it on the Government.
I can’t wait to vote against this idiot in the Fall

OP
oqueoque

oqueoque

LawnSite Fanatic
As a customer I’d be pissed if my contractor politicized his prices. Just keep it simple and raise your price as needed. Ntm any good owner should be giving his staff a path to success and periodic raises anyway ‍. and should have a plan built in to raise prices or EFFICIENCY to cover that.
If I'm improving efficiency, I want to get paid for that.

Bitches_Brew

LawnSite Silver Member

Not surprising coming from a state where you can't pump your own gas. :hammerhead: