at the dealer today

meets1

LawnSite Gold Member
First - he said redmax is kiinda getting fazed out to husky, jonsreed I think. He said jonsreed bp blower is the same as red max, alot of trimmers have been discontinued and showing up as husky and jonsreed trimmers.

Also sthil - there pulling alot of dealerships here and going to our local farm supply stores. THing is they have to be equiped to service etc which they say they will have some one on staff for that - all while were talkiing here comes a guy who bought a sthil chain saw - 16 inch bar -he bought at farm store, no one explained how to run it - he didn't know - here he walks in the door with the brand new saw asking my dealer if he can help him or show him how to start it, run it, what gas/oil, bar oil etc. My dealer did it for him, told him merry xmas. No charge from dealer, no offer of payment from custimer.

mowandblow1980

LawnSite Member
Which trimmers have been discontinued? What brand does your dealer sell? It sounds like he's trying to push you into a certain brand. I know that husquvarna owns redmax and jonsered, but I haven't heard anything with Redmax being fazed out.

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member
I don't think it won't be to many more years and 1 company will own everything. No competition and sky high prices.
Posted via Mobile Device

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

LawnSite Senior Member
I don't think it won't be to many more years and 1 company will own everything. No competition and sky high prices.
Posted via Mobile Device
Not to mention the quality will more than likely suffer. Just like Douglas Dynamics has done to Blizzard, Western, and Fisher.

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
First - he said redmax is kiinda getting fazed out to husky, jonsreed I think. He said jonsreed bp blower is the same as red max, alot of trimmers have been discontinued and showing up as husky and jonsreed trimmers.

Also sthil - there pulling alot of dealerships here and going to our local farm supply stores. THing is they have to be equiped to service etc which they say they will have some one on staff for that - all while were talkiing here comes a guy who bought a sthil chain saw - 16 inch bar -he bought at farm store, no one explained how to run it - he didn't know - here he walks in the door with the brand new saw asking my dealer if he can help him or show him how to start it, run it, what gas/oil, bar oil etc. My dealer did it for him, told him merry xmas. No charge from dealer, no offer of payment from custimer.
The Husky and RedMax BP blowers are the exact same blower with a couple minor differences, which are the shoulder straps, tube mounted throttle style, and air box covers. I own a new (this past fall) Husky 570 BTS, which is the same thing as the RM EBZ7500 back pack blower, and it is a great blower. I bought it to go along with my BR 600M. Husky does own RedMax, but RedMax is still currently a seperate subsidiary business, and they make all the blowers for Husky, and probably the other handhelds too, but I can't varify that right now. Husky also owns Jonsered as someone else mentioned, and both used to be owned by Electrolux for quite some time, and were sister companies. Jonsered would come out with a new tecnology, and it would eventually end up in Husky products. For instance- the turbo air cleaning system that Husky uses (and now Stihl as well) started out several years before either one used it, in Jonsered chainsaws.

The Jonsered BP is slightly different, but the engines are all the same. Until recently, Jonsered didn't have a BP blower, just handhelds. Their trimmers were more homeowner oriented too, but I see they are making inroads into the commercial market now as well.

Jonsered makes arguably the best chainsaws there are. Like I said, the engines are all the same on Husky's and Jonsered's, but the ergonomics and a few other things just make the Jonsered superior to others. A quick read through the pro tree care forum here will back that up. I have been running them for years as part of my business. I ran Stihl chainsaws for many years until I tried the Jonsereds about 10 years ago. Now that's all I'll buy.

OP
M

meets1

LawnSite Gold Member
Iam with ya on the jonsreed saws - I have a few, also own husky saws but hands down to jonsreed saws. Funny how all that stuff works!

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
I hear ya!

I also agree with what Jim said ealier about one company eventually owning it all. It sure looks like it's heading that way. I know lots of folks are happy about the one world economy, but I ain't one of them. It has made things too tough for smaller companies to exist, and is why we are seeing less and less mom and pop places, and all of the outdoor products being owned and sold by fewer companies al the time, until one day when it is all owned by one big company who will price as they see fit.

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member
Any one ever see idiocracy? It has a Costco that's the size of Rhode island. It's nice to go in small places and they know you by name and your families name as well. They know you won't screw them and they won't screw.you. now you go to Walmart or some where like that, they have hundreds of eyes on, and practically strip search you at the door. Ours has rubber gloves at both doors. I've always wondered why, and it kinda bothers me. What would they be for? I know its kinda off topic, but its where we are headed.
Posted via Mobile Device