AT101 / K472 tires? Wheel spacers?

OP
Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service

LawnSite Fanatic
Oh yeah, thanks. That is very familiar looking terrain wise.

When I did this for a living I used to have a lot of jobs like that and worse. Houses built on top of in the side of a mountain for the mountain view or overlooking the lake, pond, river, golf course, meadow, etc.

I don't miss the pucker factor of doing it on a daily basis.

These are for sure looking like what I need to get to cover all my small gripes. I just hope they fit without rubbing anything.

I don't know which of the brands to get. They both look the same and are priced the same where I have looked. Now if I had actual mounted sizin information that might would sway me one way or the other.

The only thing I can find is manufacturer claims in literature which don't mean a lot more than the sidewall numbers. Carlisle claims 24" height. Kenda claims 23.6". I don't know that either claim is worth much.

OP
Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service

LawnSite Fanatic
Yeah that's what I am seeing with the OEM Kenda fronts and Carlisle rears. Fronts are pretty close to the literature rears aren't so much. Humm mm

Now has anyone fooled with wheel spacers to adjust rear track width on a Z with wheel motors? Still debating this as well.

Mickhippy

LawnSite Platinum Member
Howdy folks!

I loved the AT101's. At first they will be a little harsh due to the sharp edges but they round off pretty quickly. There is a learning curve to them for sure!
I believe the AT101's may be a little smaller than the 24" diameter or Turf Savers or Multitrac. Weight of machine and psi will determine if the deck remains level but if you're running 24's now, I cant see you having a problem.
No idea on the Kenda's.
As far as keeping clean, you wont find better. I even tried Fieldtrax once, what a nightmare!

OP
Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service

LawnSite Fanatic
Yeah I run turf masters now. They run considerably short of 24" and I don't have a lot of clearance to play with.

For sure think I am going to go for it and try one or the other when I order. I think they would be worth it for the cleanup alone because it would seem I hit a land mine every other time I mow or something. If it's not that it will be mud or grass packed in the tread.

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
Howdy folks!

I loved the AT101's. At first they will be a little harsh due to the sharp edges but they round off pretty quickly. There is a learning curve to them for sure!
I believe the AT101's may be a little smaller than the 24" diameter or Turf Savers or Multitrac. Weight of machine and psi will determine if the deck remains level but if you're running 24's now, I cant see you having a problem.
No idea on the Kenda's.
As far as keeping clean, you wont find better. I even tried Fieldtrax once, what a nightmare!
Hey bud! :waving:

Mickhippy

LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey matey! :waving: Hope you're well!

Envy, I first got AT101's way back in like '06 or so. Had them on my first SZ. I didnt have to change deck level so that tells me they were the same diameter as the Turf Savers.
My 08 SZ came with them already, dont think there were any adjustments with that.
I did have to adjust on the '11 HD SZ but way more weight involved with that machine.
Dog sh!t, mud and wet grass usually flings off pretty quick as nothing to get caught between. The top of the deck and under the tanks might cop it though! lol :(

Mickhippy

LawnSite Platinum Member
Doing alright bro. Hope all is well in OZ. Miss your vids too. hint hint hehehe[/QUO

Doing ok mate but who'da thought semi retirement could be so stressful? I even miss the VX4 for the relief! lol

Not a great deal to vid these days, fortunately! Been very dry but looking like grass might kick on soon. Kinda over the YT thing, but see what happens!

Winter just around the corner for you lot hey?

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
Doing ok mate but who'da thought semi retirement could be so stressful? I even miss the VX4 for the relief! lol

Not a great deal to vid these days, fortunately! Been very dry but looking like grass might kick on soon. Kinda over the YT thing, but see what happens!

Winter just around the corner for you lot hey?
Yep. Gall is coming on, leaves are starting to drop and mowing is about done here. Figures, as we finally got some rain after two months without any right here where we are.:rolleyes:

Top Forums