1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Atlantic Pro series skimmers????

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Toker, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Toker

Toker LawnSite Member

Anyone here using these new models? How about the old style? Worth 2x the old style? Pros and cons, good or bad, highs and lows...... you get my questions:laugh:
    I know they have some extra bells and whistles but them things worth the 2x?

Atlantic Water Gardens Pro Series PS4900 Skimmer

Thanks

2. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

I have never personally installed the Atlantic. I have heard some contractors don't like the brush system because when you pull them out of the skimmer, all the gunk falls right back in. A friend of mine takes care of 20+ show ponds every week and he likes the savio skimmer better.

I personally really like the Savio skimmer. It is even another $ above the one you like but it is sure built well. In my opinion the skimmer is not a significant cost when you consider the whole cost of the project. Especially the labor involved in a pond.

3. TRBIGCREEK

TRBIGCREEK LawnSite Member

Toker,

The Atlantic skimmers are very good and fairly priced, both retail and pro series. My preferences are Atlantic and Savio. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

TR

4. Toker

Toker LawnSite Member

:clapping:
    Thanks guys - I'll try the Atlantic on one and the Savio (more margin to play with on 2nd job) and get a feel for them.
    Just did not want to end up with something that I'd ***** about from day 1 and regret ever installing.

Thanks again