1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Attachments for Stihl trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eslawns, Sep 14, 2000.

1. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a Stihl FS85 trimmer and was looking at the attachments available for it, specifically the articulating hedge trimmer and pruning saw. Anyone use these? I think they look a bit more sturdy than the "split boom" types.

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I bought a FS-85 earlier this year. I've never used it as a trimmer. I put on the power scythe head for clearing stickers and weeds. About a month ago I got the articulating trimmer attachment. I trimmed a hedge that was 9' high with out a ladder. Be careful, this head is razor sharp, I've got the scar to prove it!

3. bridges

bridges LawnSite Member
    from RI

I do have the fs-85 With the grass trimmer, hedge trimmer and power prunner. That i got a week ago.

The hedge trim works great!! I trimed a 10' tall hemlock and 5' wide with out a ladder. the top got from the deck.

I would get the 90 degree hedge trimer. I Just trim a 8' hedge with no ladder. Just turn your hedge trimmer to 90 degrees.

Last but not least is the power prunner. i used that on three and it also works good. I one job wish the pole i longer.

Tony