Attempting to apptack it this year

Ijustwantausername

LawnSite Silver Member
Hello all, I need help if anyone is willing. Last year I got my pesticide license to only spray round up at my properties for weed control to cut down on trimming. Now I see that apps can be quite profitable and this new $400 Lesco spreader I have needs to be broken in - which was bought for seeding last year. I'd would love to learn about what to put out on mainly Bermuda and Fescue. I study Turf files and this pesticide section a good bit but its still a little vague to me with all the abbreviations and stuff you pros use. I would love to at least be geared up for a few apps this year.

Any up to date book(s) you can recommend that tell what needs to be used and when it can be used? This is just me, but it seems like everyone does something a little different on here, which adds to my confusion. How do you know what the standard is?

Many thanks.

fl-landscapes

LawnSite Silver Member
The standard is easy. Put fungicide down when there is a fungus issue, insecticide when there is an insect problem, herbicides when you want to prevent or eliminate weeds, fertilizer when it's needed. Books, the study materials for the lis. In your state should be a good start. Knowing what problem you have, which pesticide to apply and how, when to apply them comes with experience only and can not be learned in a book. Not sure how a round up lis. Only would cut down on trimming? Under that lis. It can only be sprayed to weeds in beds not lawns or cracks in driveways, fence lines.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
Ijustwantausername

Ijustwantausername

LawnSite Silver Member
Not sure how a round up lis. Only would cut down on trimming? Under that lis. It can only be sprayed to weeds in beds not lawns or cracks in driveways, fence lines.
Posted via Mobile Device
My fault, I meant that I got my commercial applicator license to spray round up, so I didn't have to trim as much.