1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Attention Florida Lawn guys

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ric, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Just in Memorandum # 749 Fla. Bureau of Entomology

Daniel Drumgool
    Nokomis Fla. ------------No Lic-------------Fine ----$1750.00

Bernard Geller
    Boynton Beach Fla.-----No Lic.------------Fine----$3750.00

There were no warning letters given to unlicensed people this month only the above fines. In years pasted they only gave out warning letters to first time offenders. I have heard that fines will be the rule from now on.

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Correction

Bureau of Entomology and Pest Control

This is the dept that regulates Round Up Spraying Also.

3. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Hey Ric,
    you the one that turned them in? if so good job! Just renewed my lic. and they upped it to $75.00

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Nelbuts

No not me. Wish I could take credit. I have only dropped the dime on two people. First was a limited guy doing full service and he has never hit the discipline sheet. The other was a full licensed guy who was already caught, the inspector ask me about him because he knew I was friends with him. I warned him many times he was wrong by using old pesticides from garage sales and other cheap purchases. He was famous for measuring by gulags. So when ask I told it like it is. This guy killed many plants on his customer property and would not stand good for them. The customer filed a complaint with the dept and it was an already done deal when the inspector ask me. He got a $500.00 fine and had to pay for the plant replacement by a high priced landscaper. He is still doing the same stuff.

Where are you in S.W. Florida?? Please send me as E-mail.