Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Members,

The past few weeks there have been rumors floating around about myself, LawnSite.com and it's members. I thought it would be a good idea to address the community personally.

First, a few members were unhappy with the rules that we are trying to enforce at this site. Unfortunately, this forum would not be able to operate without rules that are hardly any different than any rules any professional would abide by anyway. However, the question is, have these outspoken members been banned simply because they disagreed? The answer is DEFINITELY NO!

Second, it has also been stated on this forum that members are being banned because they "belong to other forums". This is ludicrous. The banned and/or suspended members are spreading these rumors because they are upset they were not above the rules of this site. I actually feel that the more sites the merrier. If it has a positive impact on the industry, I say go for it.

Third, banned, suspended and a few cowardly members are claiming that LawnSite.com and me personally are bothered by the existence of other sites. This also is untrue. My number one concern is LawnSite.com. What goes on elsewhere in cyberspace does not concern me unless it directly deals with my company or the sites in which I operate.

Fourth, it has also been said that I "do not care about members" and I am "only in this to make money". As all other falsehoods being spread, this is also untrue. The members of this site are my number one concern. Many members can testify that I am quick to respond to emails. It is obvious I am more than patient with those who have a blatant disregard for the rules. And I am working hard to bring new sponsors and new members to the board to make LawnSite a great educational tool as well as a powerful voice in this industry. If making money was my only concern, There would not be a "three strike rule" and I certainly would not be taking the time to even write this message.

I do not hide or avoid anyone. My email address, and office phone number is available to anyone who requests it. I am open to new suggestions always.

I must make it clear that this is a board to learn and share experiences. Childish behavior, disrespectful behavior towards other members and purposeful disregard for the rules will not be tolerated. There are members who felt that these rules and expectations did not apply to them simply because...

The false accusations, threats, libelous information, and attempts to steal from this site have been documented. In due time, those who have been a party to this sort of behavior will be contacted.

In the meantime, let's get back to being professionals who share this industry with oneanother. 99% of the members of this site act like true business-owning adults who never need told to follow the rules. It's a shame a few bad apples consistently try to spoil the bunch. That's not going to happen at LawnSite.com.

I genuinely appreciate all of the members, moderators, and sponsors that make LawnSite.com what it is today - the Original and Largest Online Community In The Green Industry.

Thank you for your time, and if anyone has any questions, e-mail me any time at [email protected].

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Sean..I;ve told you this b4 and say it again. Since you took over the site, IMHO the childish and ignorant behavior has lessened, considerably. Good for you that you have the guts to deal with certain people who seem to just want to be noticed. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
10,802 Posts
Originally posted by GarPA
Sean..I;ve told you this b4 and say it again. Since you took over the site, IMHO the childish and ignorant behavior has lessened, considerably. Good for you that you have the guts to deal with certain people who seem to just want to be noticed. Keep up the good work.

You go boy!!
John:nono:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Sean - Yes, pretty work with Lawnsite. I love the community here. Your implementation and enforcement of rules are very reasonable. It seems to me that the individuals who have been banned had to work hard at it.

Thank you for the thoughtful thread. You and your staff take the time to be involved with folks here as well as create a nice environment, and it shows.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
I haven't had alot of time on here in the past weeks, but when I do get on I try to keep it nice.

Also Sean, is the "M" key on your keyboard sticky, cuz you spelled members "mebers" twice in that post, just checking if you hadn't noticed, don't take it the wrong way I'm trying to be helpful here :angel:

:)

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Sean,
12,000 plus members will surely have a few who whine. This is the original site and it has the most information.

Try not to take the personal attacks in other forums too seriously. It happens everywhere eventually. I visit many sites but always seem to come back here. I do miss some of the "characters" that used to be here.
Thanks for taking the time to clarify whats going on. This site is still #1 on my list.

·
Banned
4,203 Posts
Sean,
Professional and adults are the key words in your post.
I've given you my support in public and in private and I will continue to do so.
Keep up the good work and remember always that honesty and integrity DO count!

For those of you who question Sean's integrity,let me just say, you are mistaken.

·
Banned
1,937 Posts
Originally posted by FrankenScagMachines
I haven't had alot of time on here in the past weeks, but when I do get on I try to keep it nice.

Also Sean, is the "M" key on your keyboard sticky, cuz you spelled members "mebers" twice in that post, just checking if you hadn't noticed, don't take it the wrong way I'm trying to be helpful here :angel:

:)
He spelt it right 14 times. This is an internet BB, not a spelling bee.
Crawdad, stickin' up for the man. (What's up wit' dat?) :confused:

·
Banned
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your support everyone.

Yeah crawdad, what's up with you sticking up for me?:D

Eric.... I didn't get a chance to use spell check...sorry about that.

·
Banned
1,937 Posts
Originally posted by Sean Adams

Yeah crawdad, what's up with you sticking up for me?:D
I must have been drinking. It won't happen again.
But seriously, I am bothered more by the people who use the wrong word, correctly spelled, than I am bothered by spelling a word wrong. You know, brake when they mean break. But I try not to complain about it. A spell-check is a poor substitute for learning the language. "Ewe no what I mean?"
Crawdad ;)

·
Founder
629 Posts
For those that can't spell so well... play Scrabble, you will be a genius in no time. (from what I've heard, I'm gonna go get me one of those Scrabble games!... IF, they distribute those things to the wal-mart store here in Belton Missouri.)

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
Sean,
I think you're doing a jam-up job on LS. I especially appreciate your head-on approach to disarming any potential problems. You will inevitably have the few that can only see their own concerns and fail to see the big picture. I'm not saying that I agree with every rule that's in place but I am saying that I respect you for enforcing them fairly.

·
Banned
787 Posts
Sean, I also think that you and the mods are doing a good job. There will always be the people that like to talk and people who will listen to the bunk and in my opinion - no one is forcing them to be members here. If they dont like how things are done, then I guess, we will miss them.:waving:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Some dogs bark just to hear themselves and some people complain because even negative attention is better than no attention.... Funny thing is neither of the two realize they are doing it!!

Great job with the site! The rules are pretty darn easy to live with and every community needs some kind of neighborhood watch. Keep up the good work and thanks!!!

·
Banned
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everyone for your kind words....

No problem Eric....I know what you mean

Jodi is alive and kicking...just spoke to her....

·
Former Moderator
6,065 Posts
Hi guys..... and gals of course,

Yep, I'm still here. Lawnsite has always been and will continue to remain the place where I like to be. Lawnsite is the original green industry forum, and the one where I believe the members are given the best chance to learn the most, and where they can get the most help in bettering their business.

And to quote a former member.... when he was comparing Old Coke to New Coke, he said, "the Original is always best". The old timers will remember who I mean. ;)

I guess the bottom line is this, you can't please everyone. Someone is bound to not like how the forum is run.
I can remember back when a few would complain about Chuck because he wasn't around sometimes. (He sometimes had other projects going on.)... Anyways... Now we have a man who is here. Sean is always here, just an e-mail away, an instant message away, or a phone call away. Something needs handled and Sean is here. I've talked to Sean many times, and he has goals and plans for Lawnsite. He is continually adding new sponsors, new features, etc, for Lawnsite.
I'm glad Sean is running the show here. And I'm confident that Lawnsite will continue to prosper with Sean at the helm.

Btw John, I take it you miss me? ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.