1. Maintaining Company Culture During Stressful Times

How do you maintain a positive company culture during a time of social distancing, economic uncertainty, and health worries? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

ATTN. Exmark Walk-Behind owners.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AB Lawn Care, Jun 13, 2000.

1. rixtag

rixtag LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lehi Ut

I have an old eXmark 36 belt drive and I love it. I would buy another no question. No problem scalping, mulches great (w/ factory kit), stripes great and you drive the mower it does not drive you. 2 thumbs up<p><br>Rick

2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

AB <p>If you love the Scag so much why not go with the 52&quot; Scag as opposed to ExMark? I just bought a 2000 52&quot; Scag Hydro with advantage deck and it does the job even better than the 36&quot; Scag Hydros I've been using. Just wondering why you're thinking of changing brands if you liked the Scag you bought.

3. OP
    OP
    AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Thanks for all the info guys!<p>Scraper-Good question!I am not going to go to exmark for sure.I just have heard alot of guys on the fourm say that the larger Scags cut stinks.I will have to do some demo's before I decide.I would prefer to go to Scag becouse my walker/scag dealer is great.So you say that the cut is as good as the 36!!!!What about in tall grass??????I have found that the scag's clump in tall or wet grass.I guess I could buy a bagger for when I get taller grass or wet stuff.I plow with my scag in the winter and love it!Give me a little more input scraper.If possible!<br><p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care

4. GrassRoots Lawn Care

GrassRoots Lawn Care Guest

Adam wrote: &quot;I have found that the scag's clump in tall or wet grass.&quot;<p>I have found that all mowers clump in tall and wet grass. I cut in Florida so if you find one that doesn't call me anytime, even at home the number is 904-428-4492 Thanks :)<p>----------<br>Mike Reynolds,<br>GrassRoots Lawn Care, Florida

5. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

AB...just getting back here after a long weekend. The 52&quot; I got actually made my lawns look like a golf course when done as opposed to the 36&quot;. The wider deck in and of itself created a much more fluid cut. The striping is more pronounced than the 36&quot;, even more so now that I got the Pro-Slide which mounted directly without any drilling in the pre-drilled holes. The three blades combined with the increased horsepower created a cut unequaled by the 36&quot;. I will admit when the grass is a little higher (over 5&quot;) it needs a second cut, but don't they all? I wouldn't trade the new one (52&quot;) for anything. As for the options...I opted against the electric start as I didn't need another thing to die in the field and have to rely on a battery to get it fired back up. In the end it saved me over $500. Not to mention with the manual choke it starts on the first pull (at least now while it's new) with ease. As for the Advantage deck...still not sure how much better it is compared to the standard deck, but no complaints!<p>I do see a lot of guys in my neck of the woods with the Exmark riders, but not too many with the walk behinds. When it comes to walk behinds I don't think anyone makes them better or more durable than Scag. That's only my opinion so no digs from others please. *S*<br>

6. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

We run Metro W/B and Lazer zero turn. Love them and will not buy anything else. Made the mistake and bought a MTD Pro (Lesco) last year, good machine but not an Ex-Mark.....<p>Mike<br>Greenkeepers

7. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

grass roots, have you ever used a TORO with a super flow deck....i can cut long wet grass in the rain and it still disperces evenly.

8. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

You're exactly right, Evan.<p>Unfortunately, they don't mow any better when it's dry.