1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Attn Tech Savy LCO's

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ColePyck, Mar 12, 2004.

1. ColePyck

ColePyck LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Anyone here use there Palm pilot for programs that have to do with estimates or landscaping, if so where would I buy some useful software at? Thanks

2. danno

danno LawnSite Member

I got tired of screwing myself on my estimating so I made my own excel spreadsheet that I have downloaded onto my pocket pc. I have every conceivable expense on there-insurance(health, life,liability,vehicle,etc.), the estimated hourly or mileage life of all equipment and vehicles divided into the replacement cost of said, and labor, design time, etc. plus I can input what profit I want to see from the job and it kicks out the #. Excel macros are great. It keeps me from second guessing myself. You don't need a program, just use your experience as your guide to the hours needed for each piece of equipment and let excel do the rest. You may have to upgrade to a pocket pc though if you can't run spreadsheets on your palm. Good luck.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have tried palms before in the past, and they just slowed me down. I think that one of those notepads(computer) could come in handy though