ATV Lawn Implements

EricC

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have about 2 acres I take care of, i rented a hand aerator last year for overseeding and I don't want to go thru that day again LOL.

anyway, never wanted to pull an aerator with my stand on too much, but now I have an ATV I plan on buying one I can do some space with. I'm avoiding the sheet metal tractor supply store type aerators, I don't think they'll last long enough to matter.

There's an old manual raise Ryan tow behind for sale locally, but they're asking over 1K for it and maybe it's worth it, but not to me.

Then I came across this
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/black-boar-atv-utv-plugger?a=2096261

But there are no reviews really anywhere and no videos in action. Just a "how to" for putting it together.

I wonder how it would work, if it would need weights? how you'd attach them? Fabricate a shelf for them? Anybody ever use or see something like this in action and how did it work?

Thanks

zlandman

LawnSite Bronze Member
Not very many tines. That means less weights and more passes. Which is probably fine for your application.
The Ryan tow unit would be a good investment.

zlandman

LawnSite Bronze Member
Here's a ryan lawnaire 24". Lots of tines. About 350-400 lbs for something like this.
20200721_195014.jpg

OP
E

EricC

LawnSite Bronze Member
Yep. That manual lift would be a bummer.
Kind of what I was thinking. It’s just for my lawn, so not a huge deal, but they want 1200 yet. If I’m going to spend 1200 for that I’m likely just to spend 3k for a used motorized one with some size and easier to use.

Top Forums