1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Auto cleaning deck!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rookiemower, Mar 20, 2005.

1. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Toro had that years ago. It's a gimmick type thing for Joe Homeowner...anything to simplify his life. It woulld be even neater if it worked.

3. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

If you get tired of cleaning the outside of the deck than buy a Dixie Chopper. They have fans that keep the grass from accumulating on the deck. I don't think putting a hose fitting will catch on, safety issues primarily. Not to mention the mess.

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that is a homeowners model though in that link

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

This is a better design.

DSC00316.jpg

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The water goes under the deck to get the accumulated grass out instead of scraping.

7. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

8. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

My grandfather had that on his Toro/Wheelhorse. Talk about a mess! He did it after every mow. I would rather scrape!

9. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

I have a old 1979 Bolens tractor that has a hose fitting, on the top of the deck, to attach a garden hose for cleaning the deck.

Funny how things come around. This old Bolens also has a floating deck with a roller across the entire length on the back of the deck. Mower makes excellent stripes. Does not get used much but is always there when I really need a backup mower.