Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that it's fall and getting darker earlier, we usually work till after dark and it's hard to put everything on the trailer right and be safe and all. So I decided to put a big light on the trailer. I went to Napa today and picked up a tractor type light and a switch which I am going to mount on the back side of the gas rack. I am going to hook the light into the tail lights on the trailer and then put a switch before the the light. This way it can be swithed on and off. i will also be usefull for backing up. i didn't get a chance to do it today so i'm going to put it on tomorrow. Just wondering what you guys think, if anybody's ever tried it or anything.

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
Well, it's an idea! I just turn the light I have on the Lazer on. Since it sits at the very back of the trailer, it shines on everything. I'll tell you what would be nice. That would be a flourescent, or a worklight type of fixture, you know, like the standup ones at Home Depot and such? Definitely a usable idea though!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Good Idea Little green, we have a headache rack on our trucks that have a bunch of lights facing backwards for that reason and during the major plowing season we have. I might just put anotherone on trailer too can never be to safe.

·
Registered
322 Posts
We were thinking about putting some of the 3M reflective tape like they use on tractor trailers on our 6x10. We pull our trailer behind a Suburban, so whoever is passing you has no idea that there is a trailer back there--sticking out 6" more than the Suburban! We've got some narrow roads around here! Also, the trailer is black.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok guys, i did it today and it works real nice. I also put some side marker light on as well for extra visabilty while we're parked on the road.

I mounted the light on the back rail of the gas rack on the trailer, than I ran a wire to a toggle swith that i mounted on the frame kinda near the jack. I spliced into the tail lights so when the headlights are on we can just flip the toggle switch if we need the light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.