Auxiliary Hydraulics for John Deere Skid Steer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by brob1969, Apr 23, 2008.

  1. brob1969

    brob1969 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 6

    I have a John Deere Skid Steer model 4475, the unit runs really well and gets the job done. I now have the need to use a grapple bucket with the machine. I need to find an auxiliary hydraulic setup for the machine in order to use the additional cylinder. Does anyone know of a source for the kit?

    Also, I understand this machine was manufactured by New Holland, which unit does this cross-reference to?

    Thanks in advance.
  2. crab

    crab LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 633

    what extra cylinder?
  3. ksss

    ksss LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 7,170

    I am a little confused as well. Does this machine have aux. hyd. at all? By extra cylinder do you mean the cylinder on the grapple?
  4. brob1969

    brob1969 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 6

    No it does not have factory installed auxiliary hydraulics but I have seen these machines that are equipped with them.

    By the additional cylinder, I do mean the one on the grapple. The foot controls are for the boom up/down and bucket tilt. There are no controls on the handles.
  5. brob1969

    brob1969 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 6

    I think it is also called a boom hydraulic kit.
  6. ksss

    ksss LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 7,170

    If the dealer turns out too high, you might try an equipment salvage company. If you don't mind used components.

    JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,164

    That unit was made by New Holland. You may want to see what they have.
  8. brob1969

    brob1969 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 6

    Thanks for the replies.

    I am going to contact New Holland today; the guy from JD said they no longer can get the kit from Deere. Hopefully New Holland still has something. If not, I may be looking at having to trade the machine; it runs so well, I hate to have to go through the trouble of looking all over again.
  9. deere doctor

    deere doctor LawnSite Member
    Messages: 2

    The valve used in the 4475 has three spools. all you need are the lines and possibly the handle to operate it. The right hand operated by twisting the wrist. You may also need relief valves for the circuit. Shouldnt be to hard though. You may even be able to use hoses if you cant find tubes cheap.
    Check out deere's part site to look up parts if you have time or your dealer can do it easier.
  10. brob1969

    brob1969 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 6

    Thank you,

    Where is the valve located?

    I found a place (parts guys) that has the JD kit, they buy NOS closed out stuff.

    It doesn't seem like my right handle twists or does anything other than forward and reverse for the drive; the best I can tell it looks like the 5575 has an additional lever mounted on the drive handle. I guess this is what I will be needing.

    I'm waiting on a price quote from the NOS kit, hopefully it won't be too expensive. I really need to use the grapple, I'm clearing a property that has been overgrowing with old world vine, blackberry bramble, and various other invasives for years; here in Florida, that means it's REALLY thick! The bucket works well to scrape and push, but I need to grab and pull as well.

Share This Page