Availability of Propane EFI Mower Engine / Conversion Kits?

Discussion in 'Alternative Fuel Forum' started by The Swamp Fox, Sep 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Mac-s Lawn & Snow

Mac-s Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

If you are serious about running propane then find a mower that has a factory supported conversion. I was kinda interested in running propane and was looking at the JD quicktrack. The dealer said no one around here runs propane on any mower. That was enough info to make up my mind. I bought an Exmark staris. I think propane might be a good idea for a fleet at a golf course- not a solo operator show. I've read some of your post and know you are still working on your business model and my suggestion would be to start with a 36" gate crasher. Get some accounts and see where that gets you. I bought a 48" cut mower the start of my third year. If I would have bought a big mower my first year I would have ended up with a 60" mower that would have been way to big for the smaller properties I service.

The Swamp Fox likes this.
  2. Love the Green Biz

Love the Green Biz LawnSite Platinum Member

Propane certainly does blow gas out of the water. And slightly more quiet.

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Propane vanguard runs smoother than gas noticeable...both machines tt.

4. OP
    OP
    The Swamp Fox

The Swamp Fox LawnSite Member

Interesting feedback. I've only seen the Scag Turf Tiger propane-powered model offered with the Kohler CH730 V-twin engine. Did you buy Vanguard-equipped gassers and convert them after purchase?

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Local dealer had his own conversion package made several years back. Converted after purchase.