• 40-49

Votes: 41 23.8%
  • 50+

Votes: 13 7.6%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
I think the 10-19 is alittle too broad of a range of maturity there.. the youngest I've seen on here was 13 I beleive...
And why'd you go from 40-49 and then 41+ ???

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by FrankenScagMachines
I think the 10-19 is alittle too broad of a range of maturity there.. the youngest I've seen on here was 13 I beleive...
And why'd you go from 40-49 and then 41+ ???
My mistake, that should have been 50+.
If a moderator reads this would they fix it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After reading many post,
I am curious of the average age ranges. I think it will help give some clarity to the responses sometimes given.

My original post with the ages was done like that because I have never posted a poll before and did it wrong.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
age doesn't automagically make someones answer better than the next's. i know plenty of dumb-as-rock 50 year olds that make you wonder how they got through life alive. and plenty of really smart teens. then again there are just as many at the opposite end of the spectrum.

·
Banned
3,594 Posts
Something that wedo for membership benefits participants is list their number of years in business as opposed to their age. I am considering making this an option for the public section of the site as well. I agree that age might not truly indicate intelligence or business knowledge and savvy.

Number of years in the industry and number of years in the business as an owner may help clear up some questions. What does everyone think?

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Originally posted by Lawn DOG
After reading many post,
I am curious of the average age ranges. I think it will help give some clarity to the responses sometimes given.

My original post with the ages was done like that because I have never posted a poll before and did it wrong.
You can tell, after reading someone for a short while you get the general idea.

I have been here a couple days. How old do I come across as?

No peaking at the "profile"

·
Registered
40 Posts
Its funny i see this thread. There is a new member over on Plowsite who we are having trouble figuring out his true age. Several of us who chat on a frequent basis through aol instant messenger think he is 15 yrs old but he claims to most people to be 20. The sad part is that some of his posts seem relevant whereas others seem to be totally immature in nature (and not in a well mannered fun way like we usually try and keep it.)

Any thoughts.

Jay

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
Originally posted by snowplowjay
Its funny i see this thread. There is a new member over on Plowsite who we are having trouble figuring out his true age. Several of us who chat on a frequent basis through aol instant messenger think he is 15 yrs old but he claims to most people to be 20. The sad part is that some of his posts seem relevant whereas others seem to be totally immature in nature (and not in a well mannered fun way like we usually try and keep it.)

Any thoughts.

Jay
maybe all of you should say something to him. If everybody says something about his posts then he will get the hint

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Originally posted by GLAN
Sean
The age is irrelevent.
As I said above. You can tell who and what people are after reading them for a short while
The only problem is even with a majority, if the majority lacks common sense you're no better than when you started.

·
Banned
4,203 Posts
Sean,
Quite honestly I don't think the internet is a place of honesty and integrity.People will enter whatever they like for years in the business etc.I do think you can tell a lot about someone just by reading some of their posts as has been mentioned.

just my nickles worth.

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
imo, for the most part, wisdom comes with age. there are exceptions, and there are different types of "wisdom". but, all in all, i do bet, if u randomly selected 1000 young men between the ages of , say, 16-21, and also randomly selected 1000 "young" men, between the ages of 40-46, u will find on average the younger crowd to be more irresponsible, stubborn, irrational, and less "level " headed. this is only my opinion, which i know you all value:cool:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by BSDeality
age doesn't automagically make someones answer better than the next's. i know plenty of dumb-as-rock 50 year olds that make you wonder how they got through life alive. and plenty of really smart teens. then again there are just as many at the opposite end of the spectrum.
No one ever said that age played any part in someones ability to give an intelligent answer. My only oberservation is the different mindset of the responses given. I suspect it is due to the maturity, education and experience level. I'm sure there are other factors at play. Still think it is interesting to see the average.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.