Average gas $ consumed per lawn.

BrandonV

LawnSite Fanatic
My 25 hp diesel 60 ztr gets around 1 gph. The 18.5hp gas on the 636 stander well below that amount. For the truck gas consumption problem I have a reservation for an f150 lightning, should end up paying about 30% in electricity to get the same "mileage" as gas.
The lighting looks like it’s gonna be awesome. Love what they’ve done with the hood.

kemco

LawnSite Fanatic
@Brucey this is the first I've heard of those so I went to the site. Youve got the "pro" that can haul 400# and 2.4kWh then a few other models. Price ranges from $40k to over $90k pre tax. Which one are you looking at? Don't want to highjack feel free to pm me or ignore. I'm kinda interested in this but hauling 400# and 2.4kWh for $40k ain't going to cut it for me. I did see with the extended battery can pull #10k which is nice. But is it going to cost $90k to tow #10k and haul #2k? That was confusing to me. Heck when you get it start a thread on it I'd love to know how it does personally I'd guess a few others. My apologies I know this has nothing to do with has on lawns.

Brucey

LawnSite Gold Member
@Brucey this is the first I've heard of those so I went to the site. Youve got the "pro" that can haul 400# and 2.4kWh then a few other models. Price ranges from $40k to over $90k pre tax. Which one are you looking at? Don't want to highjack feel free to pm me or ignore. I'm kinda interested in this but hauling 400# and 2.4kWh for $40k ain't going to cut it for me. I did see with the extended battery can pull #10k which is nice. But is it going to cost $90k to tow #10k and haul #2k? That was confusing to me. Heck when you get it start a thread on it I'd love to know how it does personally I'd guess a few others. My apologies I know this has nothing to do with has on lawns.
No problem it is related to gas consumption for a lawn mowing rig after all.

I'm looking at the "Pro" model. Standard battery and rated to tow 7700 lbs. Fancy vented leather seats sounds great but not ideal to get into after a day covered in trimming clippings. Rather have the vinyl for easy wipedown. Pricing should be around 42k.

The 400 lb payload limit refers to the front trunk area that has four 120V outlets and 2.4kW of available power. Another four 120V in the bed area.. There is an option to bump that to 9.6kW of available output and an additional 240V outlet. The overall payload limit is 2000 lbs for the lower (lighter) trims and drops to 1800 lbs for the higher ones.

BrandonV

LawnSite Fanatic
bed capacity is 1800-2000# the 400# is the front truck.

oqueoque

LawnSite Fanatic
We use 25 gallons a week for a truck and 15 gallons a week for the equipment to cut an average of 120 lawns in a week.

We spend around $.42 for equipment to cut one average lawn, and we spend $.69 per lawn for the trucks gas. The truck gas includes everything including going to the dump.

The $.42 per lawn for the equipment is up about $.10 a lawn from what the cost was in the beginning of April of this year. The equipment used is: handhelds, 20", 30", & 48" walk behinds, and 36" stander.

Gas cost are peanuts compared to the major cost which is labor.

Last edited:

oqueoque

LawnSite Fanatic
^^^^^^^^^Our lawns vary from 500 sq. ft. to 18,000 sq. ft., and average around 5,000 sq ft.

OP
GRANTSKI

GRANTSKI

LawnSite Silver Member
We use 25 gallons a week for a truck and 15 gallons a week for the equipment to cut an average of 120 lawns in a week.

We spend around $.42 for equipment to cut one average lawn, and we spend $.69 per lawn for the trucks gas. The truck gas includes everything including going to the dump.

The $.42 per lawn for the equipment is up about $.10 a lawn from what the cost was in the beginning of April of this year. The equipment used is: handhelds, 20", 30", & 48" walk behinds, and 36" stander.

Gas cost are peanuts compared to the major cost which is labor.
That’s why I cringe a little at guys basing price increases on gas $. Like dam bro PAY ATTENTION to the REAL #s lol. once you have 3 x 35-40hp ztrs on each trailer it does make a difference…. But to me that setup is wasteful and lazy for atleast 75% of the crews that are using it.

Top Forums