Average response rate on door hanger ads...

A1Lawns

LawnSite Member
Sorry to ask again...
What would you say your average response and retainer rate is for door hangers? How much did the rate increase with a second hit of the same areas? Or was it just better to deliver to more houses a first time than another area twice?

Mowingman

LawnSite Fanatic
It has been posted here in the past, that the typical resonse rate for doorhangers is about 1%. so, for each 100 you put out, you should average 1 response.
This has always seemed like a waste of time and money to me. however, it probably is a good way to target a specific area, that you are interested in serving.

JohnnyRocker

LawnSite Senior Member
If that response rate was still true, that would be wonderful. It's way lower, at least around here. Let's see here. I got one account out of 3000 so far, and it's been a month. Not looking good at all. This industry is stained and flooded and going to hell every year, more and more.

DJJS

LawnSite Member
the average response rate is about 0.4% - 1%, so if you put out 1000 flyers you'll get somewhere between 4-10 calls. If you're just starting up, its a good way of getting your name out there especially if you have a logo, even if you dont get calls, it's being seen by people.

JohnnyRocker

LawnSite Senior Member
That response rate is just not so around here. Trust me. I would love if it were even at .4%. That would be so easy, compared to the actual response rate here.

plc87

LawnSite Member
I just ordered 2500 from doorhangers etc i plan on hitting my target area twice (whhich is right aroudn 1,000 houses). Plan on hitting them mid march then again end of april when mowing really gets going around here. If i get 1% of calls and 1/3 of them to sign up from the 1,000 houses that I hit that'll be 3 accounts that will make me over $3,000 for the year. It's goin to be a heck of a lot of work to pass out 1,000 flyers but it at least gets my name out there a little bit...

SangerLawn

LawnSite Senior Member
If that response rate was still true, that would be wonderful. It's way lower, at least around here. Let's see here. I got one account out of 3000 so far, and it's been a month. Not looking good at all. This industry is stained and flooded and going to hell every year, more and more.

Thank goodness for all the people doing this illegally….

ProcsLC

LawnSite Member
That response rate is just not so around here. Trust me. I would love if it were even at .4%. That would be so easy, compared to the actual response rate here.

Not to side track the thread... But if your doing so poorly with door hangers then I think its time to re-work the door hanger your advertising with, obviously its not working for you... We have a company design, print, and deliver to us our flyers and they look AWESOME... We also get around a 2 to solid 3% rate of return within 30 days of advertising.

When we started with door hangers, it bombed. Plain and simple. THEN we took the time and made a design with a "Call to action" so people respond asap... Its been working just fine ever since, almost like clock work.

Re-check your flyers, if they aren't working then re-do them... You will never know what works in advertising until you find what works!

Good luck guys....

Top Forums