• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Avoiding messy oil changes

Derwood

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have a Cheetah and a V-ride as many of you know. I have no problem keeping things clean when draining and filling the oil. But when I spin off the filter, it get a mess. I have laid rags down where the oil goes to minimize as much as possible. But for the most part, I still have a fair amount of clean up around the filter, which wouldn't be a big deal if it wasn't such a cramped space. It's certainly not the end of the world, and hey, if that's just how it goes for most people, then no worries. I will survive!!

But if there's a way to get that filter drained before I spin it off, I'm all ears! I let my machines drain for a couple of hours yesterday, hoping that would help. But I really don't think it did much.

I'm anxious to hear some thoughts on this. Thanks!!

fowvay

LawnSite Member
Have you considered trying one of these flexible/moldable funnel sheets? They're $17 on Amazon and look like they might help with containing the mess.
1601909798408.png