1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Awesome business up for sale!!! Richmond and Lexington Kentucky

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by klink34, Jun 28, 2007.

1. klink34

klink34 LawnSite Member

I have been mowing here for about three years and I have accumulated around 30 accounts (around 36 yards). Here is a list of equipment that I am going to include:

Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle 50 inch cut w/homemade stripping kit- 530 hours
    the kit doesn't look fancy but does a hell of a job!
    I am also running X-blades, gives great discharge and cut
    this mower also has a manual discharge blocker
    Echo Trimmer SRM2400
    Echo backpack blower pb-603
    Toro 6.5 Horsepower self-propelled push mower
    6.5 x 12 semi enclosed trailer (I'll post picture) with shelves for gas cans
    and weededer
    Lawnpro Software and a laptop with all the customers info.

All of this equipment has been put to some good use so there is some obvious wear, but it all still has a lot of future use left. I have been providing Lawncare for about seven years now. All through out highschool and through out college. I am finally ready to move on to bigger and better things, time to put my criminal Justice degree to work. I plan on moving to Indianapolis and getting on their police department. So I will have no use with this business any more. I am not getting out because this isn't great money, I'm getting out because I am ready to do something else. Owning a lawn business is a GREAT source of income and I am positive that whomever does get this will be greatly satisfied. If anyone does decide to buy this great investment I will be more than happy to work with them for as long as it takes to ensure that they will know the customers and what their expectations are. I will also be willing to train the person on whatever they need to learn, from edging with a weededer to putting in the perfect strips.

Ok now for the price, I am asking for $7,500.00, or any REASONABLE offer.
    This, in my mind is one hell of a price for what you are getting. So if you have any questions or are interested please give me a call at 859-893-3266

2. klink34

klink34 LawnSite Member

here is a pic of the trailer

IM000695.jpg

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I think your price is more than fair, more like low in fact. Good luck though in your endeavors.

4. Fleming Lawn Services

Fleming Lawn Services LawnSite Member

where exactly are you located in lexington, i live and work in Louisville and have considered moving to lexington.

5. klink34

klink34 LawnSite Member

I am actually located in Richmond. If you are thinking about moving down this way, you should check out richmond. My house here cost about 20,000 less than the one in lexington. I unfortunately only have about 7 yards in lexington.

6. drive20smoke

drive20smoke LawnSite Member

I know you want to sell your business as a package, but if you don't get the offers you seek and get to a point where you might consider selling the lawn accounts and/or equipment seperately, let me know. I have about 15 accounts in Lexington and am thinking about expanding. I might be interested in discussing taking over your Lexington properties. Richmond would be a little far for me to drive..as I have a few accounts in Georgetown and Frankfort already. Anyway, IF you reach the point that you might "part-out" the business, let me know. Good luck to you in the meantime.

7. klink34

klink34 LawnSite Member

bump it up

8. klink34

klink34 LawnSite Member

bump it to the top

9. Clean Lawn

Clean Lawn LawnSite Member

Hey klink34 where exactly are the 30 accounts (36 lawns) located? are they in richmond? I live in Virginia Beach and recently started a lawn care business and could be interested in buying your equipment and accounts since richmond is only 1 hour away. that would be a great expansion for me. can you send me more info . my name is Rhonda Solomon.
    thanks so much. I also have aol IM and yahoo messanger, my contact for those is cleanlawn01