Awkward customer interactions

Discussion in 'Professional Discussions' started by Outlawn, Aug 6, 2019.

1. kemco

kemco LawnSite Silver Member

As God is my witness. Got a call to price mowing about 3 maybe 4 years ago. Called told the man I was on my way he said "great". Walked up to door rang doorbell. He came to the door as naked as the day he was born, probably around 50 yes old. I said oh excuse me and turned around. He asked if that bothered me because it was "normal" for him to be naked when he was alone in his house. I told him he ain't alone anymore so I'd appreciate some clothes. He closed door came back out quickly with some sweat pants on. Long story short as I can, I still priced the lawn out until he told me he ran his other mow crew off because one of them saw him "standing there" looking out his bay bay window overlooking the backyard in the nude. I told him, yep, you just ran me off too. And I left as he kept trying to get me to stay to "look at something in his house"... Uh yeah... NO! What do you want to bet he wasn't just "standing there" when one of the old crew guys saw him?

Steve, DXN1EL, Ma&Pa and 7 others like this.
  2. Caledwen

Caledwen LawnSite Member

Yep, that wins! Cat lady doesn't stand a chance.

3. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

I was doing some foundations under existing cabins in a mountain community, old-timers May remember some of the pics.

One of the neighbors brings his young contractor by for a look-see and b/s session.

The neighbor hollars to me under the cabin and asks if I would mind taking a break and meeting his contractor?

Sure, be right out.

Now to say I was covered in dirt would be an understatement, I was a close match to the Peanuts character Pig Pen.

I crawled out, brushed my self off as best I could, walked right up to the pair and stuck my dirty hand out to greet this finely dressed young fella.

Before I could release the contractors hand, I involuntarily sneezed. I mean I sneezed hard. Hard enough my glass eye popped out with enough force it wound up stuck to the young contractors tie.

I ever so carefully reached over and gently plucked the eye off his tie and embarrassed as hell said something like “I hate it when that happens “.

My dad was watching and later says “I bet you lunch he never calls you”.....

Dad was right but I bought lunch regardless.

DXN1EL, Cam15, Mark Oomkes and 10 others like this.
  4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

My eye has popped out and been found a number of times, swimming pools, Pacific Ocean, toe of a guys boot once.

I just gave up and it’s in my gun safe, keep an eye on my firearms.

5. KUMA01

KUMA01 LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a new contract for pruning this year and This is a nice estate and it’s being rented and I go up to the door to meet the renters and all. everything is all good to go, I talked with the lady there. And when I say this lady is smoking hot she was a 15/10 drop dead absolutely gorgeous. everything gets pruned and cleaned up I go to the door to get the check and she pays me and I was leaving she asked if I want a blowjob I laughed a bit and said excuse me and it dawned on her. And she was like omg I’m so sorry I didn’t think about it that way and she goes on to tell me the neighbor called me and asked if you could blow out the flower beds and clean it up. Long story short she is actually one of the doctors that works at the doctors offices I maintain. We see each other time to time and laugh!

6. kemco

kemco LawnSite Silver Member

^^^ Freudian slip from her maybe?

Ma&Pa, Tara Ann and RussellB like this.
  7. KUMA01

KUMA01 LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought so to actually but I would never do that one her fiancé is in intelligence for the government so I’m not trying start anything there lol. If she was single and living alone something may or may not have happened idk I was 18 so.....

Ma&Pa likes this.
  8. Matthews Lawn Care

Matthews Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

“It puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again.”

9. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Ark

Weeeellll since y'll brought it up. This year installed a WiFi controller at a nice looking lady's house (she's married) and I'm holding her IPad explaining how to navigate the app. She leans into my arm with her breast pressed firmly. I'm thinking is this innocent or not?

As for the rrrrrest of the story, I'll plead the fifth

Ma&Pa and mitchgo like this.
  10. Mow-Daddy.com

Mow-Daddy.com LawnSite Fanatic

Alrighty then.
    We used to mow a hospice center on the edge of town.
    It had a long driveway with spruce tree's all along it.
    So as I'm mowing grass along driveway
    I kept scaring up a bunny, he'd run to the next tree, well after 4-5 tree's he trys hideing. I look at bunny and say.
    (I see you) omg about a 17 year old girl is in her yard tanning right behind the tree bunny is hiding in. She stands up, looks at me like I'm a perv. Grabs her towel and goes to her house.
    My god I felt like a total dumb arse.
    :oops:

Ma&Pa, Cam15, BMWNJ and 7 others like this.