Awkward customer interactions

Discussion in 'Professional Discussions' started by Outlawn, Aug 6, 2019.

1. hal

hal LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Georgia

You're right, I shouldn't have said what street it was on, sorry....

Ma&Pa and hort101 like this.
  2. GrassManKzoo

GrassManKzoo LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Kalamazoo, MI

I live on that street...:eek:

3. OP
    OP
    Outlawn

Outlawn LawnSite Bronze Member

This thread is everything I’d hoped it would be and more!

One day, while mowing a very large residential lawn, I was string trimming down on the corner of the property. A lady walking stops and asks me if I mow lawns. She was late-middle aged woman with large breasts and a spaghetti top on with nothing under it. The twins were saying “hi” if you get my drift. Anyway, I’m holding the string trimmer thinking “uh, yea”. So, I politely tell her yes, she says she lives a few blocks down and would like a bid on mowing her lawn. Get over to the property and it’s a very small, kinda crappy yard nestled in a higher-end neighborhood. We decide on a price and I proceed to mow bi-weekly. A couple of months into mowing she starts telling me about nude cruises that she has been on and kinda being more flirty with me. So, one day while mowing with my helper, she asks me to look at the front door of the house cause it’s not closing right. I told her that she should call a handyman cause that’s outside the scope of what my services consist of. She was persistent and so I agreed to just look at it, mainly to get her to leave me alone so we could finish the lawn and get on with the day. Go to the front door and she pulls me inside and shuts the door before I could do anything. I thought to myself “This is it. I’m going to get raped. I’m going to be one of the small percentage of men in this world that gets raped.” Very uncomfortably and very quickly, I looked at the door, told her what I thought, and got out of there.
    A couple of years later one of our guys on the ambulance picked her up for a prescription pill overdose and she proceeded to tell him that “if I was 20 years younger the things I would do to you...”
    ::cringe::

4. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

So back when I first started my business I took on work for the banks servicing foreclosures. They would send me a list of addresses and I would go cut. One of the address they send me to is some townhomes. I pull up and see that the yard is just one larger dirt patch. So I get out and proceed to take my 100 photos of the property to get paid. One of the photos is for the front door as I get closer I hear some banging. Not but 2steps from the door is a lady in a hole hitting the side of the house with a hammer. I don't say anything and keep doing what I'm doing. When the lady sees me. She just out of that hole screaming bloody murder. She is telling at the top of her lungs I'm so odd language. As she is doing this she raised her hand with the hammer and proceed to run at me. I start back peddling telling her to stop. She gets close enough to swing that hammer at me I fall back on my hand to hand combat training and place her face down on the ground I then call the cops. Long story short the house was hers that got forclosed on while she was in the mental hospitals and she was trying to get back in to retrieve her stuff.

DXN1EL, Cam15, GrassManKzoo and 3 others like this.
  5. weeze

weeze Banned

i just had the weirdest call i've ever gotten. it said from california but i answered anyways thinking it's just another sales call. the guy says he is having trouble putting string on his weedeater and he wanted to know how much it would cost for me to come out and show him how to do it. i didn't really know what to say so i just made a funny noise and hung up. :laugh:

i dunno if it was a joke or if he was serious? i kinda feel bad for the guy and wish i would have helped now :(

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    DXN1EL, Ma&Pa, Tara Ann and 6 others like this.
  6. MowDaddy

MowDaddy LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry weeze that was me.
    I was just pranking you !

DXN1EL, ltdlawn, Ma&Pa and 5 others like this.
  7. weeze

weeze Banned

the thing is i don't think it was a prank. i think they were serious.

Cam15, Mumblingboutmowers and sjessen like this.
  8. MowDaddy

MowDaddy LawnSite Fanatic

They probably were serious.
    Being from the left coast they need guidance.

9. weeze

weeze Banned

that's what was throwing me off. i dunno if they moved here from california or if they dialed the wrong number or what. they would have to pay an awful lot of money for me to go all the way to california just to show them how to put string on a trimmer. if the pay was right i would do it though. it would be a nice vacation. :D

Mumblingboutmowers likes this.
  10. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

I don't understand this. What's the point of the noise?