1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Back in business

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ChadsLawn, Oct 11, 2002.

1. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Its been awhile since I've been here...After Eric passed away I soon after had to take a part time job to make ends meet after getting sick myself..My part time job ended up being full time..I thne gave my brother 1/2 of what few accounts I had left to keep it going..In 3 weeks I was out of business..I havent touched a piece of lawn equiptment in 3 months or so..After working 50-55 hrs a week for less than $300 a week, I began to do alot of thinking...My full time job offers a awesopme retirement plan which no money comes out of my pocket at all...Thats great,BUT that isnt paying my bill today..Ive come to the fact that I bottom line miss my lawn business period..The freedom I had the money I made and most important the people I made happy ..For the hours I put in at my full time job, I was making more doing lawn maintenance in 20hrs a week...I think I needed this break to relize how much I enjoyed Lawn Maintenance...I already have 4 $140 a month accounts set up guranteed...Next Friday Oct 18th, I officially start my business back up..When I can afford a new mower it will be a Chopper on behalf of Eric..

Chad

Any advice is welcomed.

www.chadslawn.com

2. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

welcome back. i hope the fall season is good enough that i don't have to take a part time job. i hate the thought of working for someone else again. i did however get an offer from the guy i bought my walker from. he was looking for a crew leader and some winter help.

3. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I hope that you can get back in the "saddle" and be doing what makes you happy and prosper from it.

4. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Hey Chad!

It's good to see you back here again. :D

Good luck in firing up the ol' biz again!

5. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Also being from Fla I know the general wages are very low. That's why I'm doing what I'm doing. The best of luck to you.