1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Back out on truck starting(?) TOMORROW!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MudslinginFX4, Oct 5, 2006.

1. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, its back to the old times... I'm getting rid of my main foreman in the morning and will be back out on the mowing truck with 3 other guys. I've officially cleaned house this week, everyone is gone, I was at 8 employees last week, I'll be down to 3 plus myself starting tomorrow.

One of the three new guys will become foreman in about 2-3 weeks once he learns the route and yards (already know which guy). After I get the new crew going, I will then focus on finding 3 more guys for my landscaping crew, until then, we will be doing 5 days worth of mowing in 3 days, and doing landscaping 2 days a week.

Wish me luck, its gonna be hard but it needed to be done in order to gain control back.

2. Evergreenpros

Evergreenpros LawnSite Bronze Member

And you'll probably work less hours and make more money now. Good luck!

3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

good luck man, i know where your coming from...sometimes things get out of control. IM sure you went through alot of stress to figure this out also.

4. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, I really think its going to work out for the best. BTW... On Monday's and Tuesday's I have 2 part time helpers that are going to come in for as long as I need them. That will allow me to have 5 employees plus myself on my heavy landscaping days. Those days will be my money making days!